Bottles

Dustin Sellinger

May 23, 2016, 5:00:06 PM5/23/16
to Bellingham Homebrewers Guild
Anyone have any experience getting bottles from anywhere in town?  I am thinking bars or elizabeth station might not mind me raiding their recycling?  I have two batches getting close to bottling and I don't have enough bottles in my "pipeline".  I have gotten 3 boxes from NC, but I was hoping to save a little if possible.

Todd Quessenberry

May 23, 2016, 5:16:53 PM5/23/16
to Belling...@googlegroups.com
I'd be worried about getting chipped and cracked bottles from a commercial bin (people tend to chuck them harder). Just posting here should net you a couple cases, seems like there's always someone who just setup a new kegging system and is getting rid of free bottles. I've also raided my neighbors recycling bins before.

Todd

On May 23, 2016, at 2:00 PM, Dustin Sellinger <dsell...@gmail.com> wrote:

Anyone have any experience getting bottles from anywhere in town?  I am thinking bars or elizabeth station might not mind me raiding their recycling?  I have two batches getting close to bottling and I don't have enough bottles in my "pipeline".  I have gotten 3 boxes from NC, but I was hoping to save a little if possible.

Michael

May 23, 2016, 5:52:27 PM5/23/16
to Belling...@googlegroups.com
I have a ridiculous amount of bottles and growlers that I can part with. They'd need to be cleaned and/or de-labeled, but a swap for some homebrew "just because" should be considerably cheaper. ;)

Dustin Sellinger

May 23, 2016, 6:11:56 PM5/23/16
to Bellingham Homebrewers Guild
Trades for a slightly flat pale ale, a pretty good Hefeweizen, and some Helles I just bottled that turned out a little dark?

Justin Bajema

May 23, 2016, 6:15:27 PM5/23/16
to Belling...@googlegroups.com
I have a bunch of bottles (mostly 12oz) that I've been wanting to get rid of. They should all have the labels removed and they should be clean. I think I have three cases or so. I'm up in Lynden, but if you can pick them up they are yours.

- Justin

Harrison Weber

May 24, 2016, 7:31:44 PM5/24/16
to Bellingham Homebrewers Guild
I have a bunch of bottles I snagged for free that might need a little cleaning/de-labeling. Mostly 22s and a handful of 32 oz flip tops. Let me know if you want/need any, they are just sitting around sadly unused in my basement.