Homebrewer of the Year!

Todd Quessenberry

Feb 7, 2016, 1:10:32 PM2/7/16
to BHG
At the January meeting, I had the pleasure of announcing that the club's 2015 Homebrewer of the Year was Jennifer Tadder!  After taking several medals at the Best of the Bay and dominating a couple of our club comps, this likely does not come as a shock to many of you that have tried her beer. In addition to some new hardware for her trophy shelf, Jenn has won the opportunity to brew a collaboration beer with Frank at Aslan, and enter it as Bellingham's first Pro-Am entry in the WA Beer Awards!

We’ll reset the spreadsheet for 2016 and do it again.  The basic premise of the BHG HomeBOY is to encourage people to brew more, try brewing new styles, and elevate their game by rewarding participation in homebrew competitions.  Points are awarded throughout the year for participation for both participating and placing in both BJCP sanctioned competitions as well as our own less formal bi-monthly club competitions.  If you enter beers in any homebrew competitions this year, make sure to email bellinghamhom...@gmail.com or let one of the club officers know about it so we can grant you points.

Todd

Frank Trosset

Feb 8, 2016, 1:10:06 PM2/8/16
to Belling...@googlegroups.com
Hey All!

Just an update for everyone here. Jenn has decided to brew a Vienna Lager. We have been meeting and dialing in the recipe, and are going to be brewing it next Friday!

It should be a great beer, well worthy of a medal in the pro am comp for the Washington beer awards.

Cheers and keep brewing beers!

Frank Trosset
Brewmaster // Owner
360.595.4598
fr...@aslanbrewing.com

Michael

Feb 8, 2016, 1:49:33 PM2/8/16
to Belling...@googlegroups.com
Sounds awesome!

Go Frank and Jenn!

...If only we had a stash of cucumbers laying around... :)

-Michael