Sorachi Ace

Dustin Sellinger

Sep 28, 2016, 1:42:23 PM9/28/16
to Bellingham Homebrewers Guild
Anyone brewed with it and have some I could try?  I am thinking about making a soured cucumber something, and was just reading that Sorachi Ace tastes like dill to a lot of people.  Anyway, not sure if I should make a "pickle" beer, but for some reason I feel like I should.

Thanks.

Jason Mantello

Sep 28, 2016, 3:17:52 PM9/28/16
to Belling...@googlegroups.com
I've brewed a few beers with Sorachi, after which I successfully gave away the remainder of my stock. Just not my thing.

I believe Robert has some at North Corner if you want to try them out.

Good luck

On Wednesday, September 28, 2016, Dustin Sellinger <dsell...@gmail.com> wrote:
Anyone brewed with it and have some I could try?  I am thinking about making a soured cucumber something, and was just reading that Sorachi Ace tastes like dill to a lot of people.  Anyway, not sure if I should make a "pickle" beer, but for some reason I feel like I should.

Thanks.

Dustin Sellinger

Sep 28, 2016, 7:23:27 PM9/28/16
to Bellingham Homebrewers Guild
What about it was not your thing?  Did you think it tasted like lemon and dill?

Jason Mantello

Sep 28, 2016, 8:43:35 PM9/28/16
to Belling...@googlegroups.com
I could handle the lemon but couldn't get past the dill. It's a very unique hop that you should play around with. I had the best luck using it with saison yeast.