Ves al primer missatge no llegit

redst...@gmail.com

no llegida,
12 de maig 2015, 20:06:3912/5/15
a bean...@googlegroups.com
I've added an importer to ledgerhub for yodlee [1], which is an account aggregator, like Mint, Personal Capital, etc. It basically logs in to all your accounts (with your supplied  credentials) automatically on a regular basis and saves all the data, which it can later export to a .csv.

It sounds like it's a simple .csv import, but aggregators pose a new problem while importing: if you maintain each real-world account in its own individual file, then the importer needs to create several files, one for each account it comes across, possibly in a directory hierarchy that mirrors the accounts. I've put in code to do exactly this into the yodlee importer.

Aggregators also need a bit more configuration:
- account map: mapping the aggregator's account list into beancount's accounts
- expense map: mapping the aggregator's expense categories into beancount's accounts
- accounts to ignore

Martin: I'd be happy to contribute this if you'd like. Please let me know. It's largely in a self-contained directory like all the other importers, but I had to modify common code to be able to write to multiple output files.

[1] https://moneycenter.yodlee.com has a free version of yodlee. Yodlee is also available online for Bank of America customers.

Martin Blais

no llegida,
12 de maig 2015, 23:16:0112/5/15
a redst...@gmail.com,bean...@googlegroups.com
On Tue, May 12, 2015 at 8:06 PM, <redst...@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]

This is awesome. I've been meaning to try Yodlee for a while but IIRC it's expensive.

Martin: I'd be happy to contribute this if you'd like. Please let me know. It's largely in a self-contained directory like all the other importers, but I had to modify common code to be able to write to multiple output files.

That's great, but I still to figure out the copyright assignment story. So far all I've taken are bug reports, but eventually I need to do like other projects (e.g. GNU, Clojure, etc.) and create a standard assignment document for people that want to contribute more meaningful chunks of code.

In the meantime, do you mind sharing your importers code in a separate bitbucket repository? I could independently make changes to the common Ledgerhub code that will allow you to write multiple outputs.

Let me know.

[1] https://moneycenter.yodlee.com has a free version of yodlee. Yodlee is also available online for Bank of America customers.

Free version? I have to try this!

redst...@gmail.com

no llegida,
16 de maig 2015, 21:02:0816/5/15
a bean...@googlegroups.com,redst...@gmail.com
In the meantime, do you mind sharing your importers code in a separate bitbucket repository? I could independently make changes to the common Ledgerhub code that will allow you to write multiple outputs.

[1] https://moneycenter.yodlee.com has a free version of yodlee. Yodlee is also available online for Bank of America customers.

Free version? I have to try this!

It's quite useful, but also has limitations. https://moneycenter.yodlee.com  is a site where you get access for free, but in return, become somewhat of a beta-tester for their code. I've used them for many years, but of late, I feel like I'm pre-alpha testing their code, and their fixes have been getting slower. So I use the 9x version on their website, which is older and more stable, and has a much better web interface as well.

I personally am wary of giving them (or anyone) access to accounts where damage is possible, so I don't use them for all my accounts. But despite all of this, I definitely find it useful enough to use yodlee to a) have an automatic "first pass" made on classifying my expenses, and b) keep downloading and saving my statements automatically, useful when I get busy, and c) have a single source where I can download all my credit card accounts (saves me from having to figure out and keep up with each institution's quirks). I'd say they're definitely worth trying.

Martin Blais

no llegida,
2 de juny 2015, 23:34:392/6/15
a redst...@gmail.com,bean...@googlegroups.com
I've created a new doc for user contributions and added this link to it:

Respon a tots
Respon a l'autor
Reenvia
0 missatges nous