Re: [beagleboard] First steps with the BeagleBone PRU

Jason Kridner

Aug 12, 2012, 6:24:12 PM8/12/12
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
On Sun, Aug 12, 2012 at 4:59 PM, boxysean <boxy...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey folks,
>
> Wanted to let you know I wrote a post about my first steps with the
> BeagleBone PRU. Feedback appreciated!
>
> http://blog.boxysean.com/2012/08/12/first-steps-with-the-beaglebone-pru/
>
> Thanks to Lyren Brown for posting his PRU LED blink code up here awhile
> back, made my life a lot easier.

Great write-up and demo!

I'm not familiar with DMX, but I would like to point you to RPMsg and
virtio [1]. From what I understand from the Linux hackers around me,
it would likely be the best architecture for communicating between the
processors and the driver should be rewritten to use it. Don't want to
slow you down, but if you are still looking at the architecture of the
communication, consider it.

[1] http://omappedia.org/wiki/Category:RPMsg

Second, it would be interesting to create a firmware image that
allowed you to do Arduino-like things. [2] is what I've seen.

[2] https://github.com/ecto/duino/