Angstrom and ARMHF on Beaglebone

Jan Szymanski

Oct 2, 2012, 6:18:14 PM10/2/12
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

 Is Angstrom using a hardware floating point on the Beaglebone images?
I see,there are 2 different versions of Ubuntu (with and without armhf).
What is the practical difference?

Jan

Philip Balister

Oct 3, 2012, 8:30:36 AM10/3/12
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
armhf is an abi, not whether code uses the floating point units.
Angstrom uses teh NEON unit for floating point. I am not sure if
Ubuntu does (it may fall back to the vfp unit, which is not as good)

Philip

Grant

Oct 3, 2012, 10:14:28 AM10/3/12
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
> Angstrom uses teh NEON unit for floating point. I am not sure if
> Ubuntu does (it may fall back to the vfp unit, which is not as good)

Does anyone know how Gentoo handles this?

- Grant