Re: Windows 8 (64bit) driver install problems

Travis Lytle

Apr 28, 2013, 5:42:06 PM4/28/13
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
I have the same issue.  I'm using windows 8 64bit too.

On Sunday, April 28, 2013 11:05:53 AM UTC-4, Kenny Lindberg wrote:
Trying to install software for my Beaglebone Black on Win8-64 and dpinst.exe fails.
OSX seems to work, so I don't think it's a hardware issue.

Is there a work around?

Kenny

Jason Kridner

Apr 29, 2013, 4:20:36 PM4/29/13
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
Can you give *any* details? I've tested on numerous (50+) win8 64-bit machines without problems. Note: the installer isn't signed.

real...@gmail.com

Jun 30, 2013, 7:14:18 AM6/30/13
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
Thank you very much.

30 Nisan 2013 Salı 01:12:04 UTC+3 tarihinde Piyush Agarwal yazdı:
Hi Kenny,

As Jason noted the installer is unsigned, this means you need to restart Windows 8 in the mode where it allows you to install unsigned drivers.

Here's a quick step-by-step guide:

1. Press win+c on the keyboard to bring up the charms side bar (or move mouse to right top corner of the screen)

2. Click the Settings button.

3. Click the Change PC Settings at the bottom of the sidebar.

4. On screen that shows up, select the General option from the sidebar then scroll down the page that appears.

5. Click the Restart now button under the Advanced startup section.

6. You will momentarily see the restarting screen, then it will switch to a blue screen titled "Choose an option"

7. Click the Troubleshoot button.

8. Click Advanced options.

9. Click Startup Settings

10. Click Restart

11. You should then see a Startup Settings screen after your computer reboots.

12. Press 7 or F7 on your keyboard to Disable driver signature enforcement

13. Now Windows 8 will continue starting up.

14. Log-in as normal, and then run BONE_D64.exe again

15. Now you should see 4 warning dialogs about "unsigned driver installation", click OK for all of them.

Then you should be good to go!

Hope that helps,

Piyush

sys...@gmail.com

Jul 6, 2013, 4:56:35 AM7/6/13
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

As a courtesy of my company SysCo (http://www.sysco.ch/), you can find here a signed version (with a valid certificate) of the drivers: http://www.1-2-3-4-5-6.net/beaglebone/black/BONE_D64_signed.zip

Hope it helps, BeagleBone Black is a very nice product ;-)

Regards,

Andre

gerjohn...@gmail.com

Jul 17, 2013, 2:45:20 PM7/17/13
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Piyush,

This step-by-step instruction guide was very usefull.

Cheers,

Gerjohn

Op dinsdag 30 april 2013 00:12:04 UTC+2 schreef Piyush Agarwal het volgende:
[...]

erwi...@gmail.com

Jul 17, 2013, 3:13:16 PM7/17/13
to beagl...@googlegroups.com, sys...@gmail.com
Kudos to SysCo for the signed drivers!

fran...@francoisallard.info

Sep 20, 2013, 3:09:29 PM9/20/13
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
Thanks a lot for the Signed Drivers!

Jason Kridner

Sep 27, 2013, 10:23:47 PM9/27/13
to beagl...@googlegroups.com, fran...@francoisallard.info
On Friday, September 20, 2013 3:09:29 PM UTC-4, fran...@francoisallard.info wrote:
Thanks a lot for the Signed Drivers!

I've put the signed drivers at https://github.com/jadonk/beaglebone-getting-started/tree/sysco-ch-signed-drivers/Drivers/Windows, but it would be great to know for certain that .cat files cannot contain any malicious code. Anyone familiar enough with Windows drivers?

dhdl...@gmail.com

Nov 12, 2013, 3:22:00 AM11/12/13
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
I got error with installing driver, too.
I am using Windows 8.1.

Gurinder Singh Gill

elcan...@gmail.com

Nov 15, 2013, 5:38:03 PM11/15/13
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Guys way to go

wilk...@gmail.com

Robert Nelson

Dec 13, 2013, 4:18:11 PM12/13/13
to Beagle Board
On Fri, Dec 13, 2013 at 3:09 PM, <wilk...@gmail.com> wrote:
> This seems to no longer work with Windows 8.1, there is no General option
> under Change PC Settings.

Any change with the latest version:
https://github.com/beagleboard/beaglebone-getting-started/tree/master/Drivers/Windows

Click on either 32/64 bit then click on raw to download...

Regards,

--
Robert Nelson
http://www.rcn-ee.com/

statespa...@gmail.com

Jan 6, 2014, 4:41:31 PM1/6/14
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
The menu selections have changed under Windows 8.1 to dig down to the Advanced Startup section. It has been a month since you posted this question (just got my BB Black today and trying to get it going and ran into same issues as you) and if you still don't have it going, try the signed drivers provided by Sysco in the above link

aravin...@gmail.com

Feb 27, 2014, 2:47:43 AM2/27/14
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Piyush.
It helped.

edgars....@gmail.com

Mar 31, 2014, 9:04:09 AM3/31/14
to beagl...@googlegroups.com, aravin...@gmail.com
I tried both methods to solve the problem, but none of them worked

Erwin Ried

Apr 1, 2014, 12:46:25 AM4/1/14
to beagl...@googlegroups.com, aravin...@gmail.com, edgars....@gmail.com
Making windows accept unsigned drivers does work. You are probably not following the directions, it is quite cumbersome how MS made this "safe mode" in Win 8, but at least you have to follow the steps only once.

edgars....@gmail.com

Apr 1, 2014, 3:12:44 AM4/1/14
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
I tried several times and no result on win 8.1

edgars....@gmail.com

Apr 1, 2014, 4:09:56 AM4/1/14
to beagl...@googlegroups.com, aravin...@gmail.com, edgars....@gmail.com

I tried several times, but no result

Wilfredo Nieves

Apr 1, 2014, 9:22:17 AM4/1/14
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
Try method #2 Here

Just be warned that it disables Signature enforcement completely.
To re-enable it run last two commands and restart.

Robert Nelson

Apr 1, 2014, 9:37:33 AM4/1/14
to Beagle Board, edgars....@gmail.com
On Tue, Apr 1, 2014 at 3:09 AM, <edgars....@gmail.com> wrote:

> I tried several times, but no result

Then use the "signed" drivers:

https://github.com/beagleboard/beaglebone-getting-started/tree/master/Drivers/Windows

Erwin Ried

Apr 1, 2014, 1:51:16 PM4/1/14
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
Windows re-enables the enforcement automatically after 1 restart

edgars....@gmail.com

Apr 2, 2014, 3:03:31 AM4/2/14
to beagl...@googlegroups.com, edgars....@gmail.com

themayoro...@gmail.com

Apr 7, 2014, 8:57:06 PM4/7/14
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
Thank you, Piyush. I had the same problem.

ashva...@gmail.com

May 12, 2014, 4:30:36 PM5/12/14
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
Hi guys,

I followed the sstep by step installation procedure to installl it without the driver signature, and it install 3 of the 4 components.
The "Linux Development community Net" Package doesnt install and hence the BBB is not accessible. Is there any work around for this?
Thanks....

Robert Nelson

May 12, 2014, 7:16:13 PM5/12/14
to Beagle Board
On Mon, May 12, 2014 at 3:30 PM, <ashva...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I followed the sstep by step installation procedure to installl it without
> the driver signature, and it install 3 of the 4 components.
> The "Linux Development community Net" Package doesnt install and hence the
> BBB is not accessible. Is there any work around for this?
> Thanks....

The "signed" drivers?

iamw...@gmail.com

May 16, 2014, 8:17:07 PM5/16/14
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
I cannot download the files you refer to....

theobo...@gmail.com

Nov 17, 2015, 1:23:38 PM11/17/15
to BeagleBoard
Hello,

I have new BeagleBone Black.
And tried to install the drivers, i'm running mac os 10.11.1, but when i tried to install the serial drivers i get an error with "Installation failed, there's no software that can be installed"

Anyone who knows the issue?

Let me know

evilwulfie

Nov 17, 2015, 1:27:43 PM11/17/15
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
title says windows 8 drivers and your installing them on a mac ?

uhhh

theobo...@gmail.com

Nov 17, 2015, 2:11:23 PM11/17/15
to BeagleBoard
I didn't saw Windows at the topic

Gerald Coley

Nov 17, 2015, 2:12:05 PM11/17/15
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
[beagleboard] Windows 8 (64bit) driver install problems