4.4-rt branch opened up

Robert Nelson

Jan 14, 2016, 3:19:37 PM1/14/16
to Beagle Board
Hey Everyone,

I just opened up the 4.4 branch on https://github.com/beagleboard/linux/

https://github.com/beagleboard/linux/tree/4.4

It boots just fine on my bbb..

We still recommend everyone use the "4.1" branch..

But there's no reason to not start looking at 4.4

as a reminder..

will support "BOTH" 4.1 & 4.4 branches

Regards,

--
Robert Nelson
https://rcn-ee.com/

William Hermans

Jan 14, 2016, 6:47:39 PM1/14/16
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
What's the point ? e.g. do you need testers ? And what are the noteworthy differences ?

Robert Nelson

Jan 14, 2016, 7:16:05 PM1/14/16
to Beagle Board
On Thu, Jan 14, 2016 at 5:47 PM, William Hermans <yyr...@gmail.com> wrote:
What's the point ? e.g. do you need testers ? And what are the noteworthy differences ?

Oh people ask by email, now it's out...

The biggest delta, out of 61 "cape-manager" patches in v4.1.x-ti, we are down to 44 in v4.4.x-ti...

We aren't going to fall into the "3.8.13" trap... ;)

Regards,