Button press interrupt confused?

meino....@gmx.de

Oct 4, 2012, 12:53:38 AM10/4/12
to beagleboard
Hi,

(I am using Robert Nelsons kernel, updated and built yesterday.
I did not touch any GPIO etc settings.)

this morning I noticed something curious regarding the interrupts of
my beaglebone/LCD7 cape:

After a fresh reboot I did

cat /proc/interrupts

and get (beside other things) this

208: 0 GPIO left
209: 0 GPIO right
211: 0 GPIO up
272: 0 GPIO down
275: 0 GPIO enter

. Now I press each buttons (left/right/up/down/enter) of the LCD7 cape once.

Another

cat /proc/interrupts

now gives me:

208: 0 GPIO left
209: 2 GPIO right
211: 2 GPIO up
272: 0 GPIO down
275: 2 GPIO enter

Q: Why is the right/up/enter button counted twice and there is
no count for the left/down button?

Thank you very much for any help!
Best regards,
mcc

Drew Fustini

May 29, 2013, 1:58:33 PM5/29/13
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
I'm having a problem with both the LCD3 and LCD4.  Pressing the buttons seems to often cause an overwhelming auto-repeat sequence.  At first I thought it was lack of debouncing, but my /proc/interrupts look reasonable: https://gist.github.com/pdp7/5670685  I've tried two BBB A5a with the May-20 image.

For the buttons that do work for you, do they work "normally" or do you see an erratic auto-repeat like effect, too?

Thanks,
Drew

Manav Gautama

May 29, 2013, 2:32:38 PM5/29/13
to beagl...@googlegroups.com

Had similar problem on a custom 3730 board , turned out to be a pix mux issue, some pull up down uboot changes and  Xorg had to be started with a -r arg

David Anders

May 30, 2013, 12:14:14 AM5/30/13
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
mmc,

iirc the gpio button driver generates an interrupt on the down press and another on the up release... so you should get two per button sequence.

the left/down buttons have pinmux issues that are being checked now.... should have an update soon...

Dave