Re: What build I should choose?

agou

Oct 8, 2012, 1:25:05 AM10/8/12
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
well, i just tried using MLO, u-boot and uImage at http://downloads.angstrom-distribution.org/demo/beagleboard/

and configured kernel by using Robert Nelson's script https://github.com/RobertCNelson/linux-dev

Thanks Robert for his nice work and saving us so much time... So far it works well. I can compile the kernel and change the image. I know this sounds very newbie, but I have been struggling with this for weeks and it Feels great!

On Sunday, October 7, 2012 11:58:36 AM UTC-7, agou wrote:
Hi, I am new to Linux world. And I was trying to write a camera driver for a small board I designed for Beagleboard. I have been struggling for weeks and I needs some suggestions on how to do that.

Need:
1. I would like to write driver in kernel space and user space for my customized hardware;
2. I would like to build a distribution on top of that with reasonable tool chain/packing support.

What I have tried:
1. I used the Angstrom image and wrote some simple processing on using the CodeSourcery tool chain. But it seems difficult to configure the package and change the kernel driver?
2. I used yocto to build an image. But I have a hardware getting the kernel source code build to work.

What I would like to hear from you guys:
1. Would would be a good starting build while with a little more learning, could be extended to future development environment;
2. Besides the two things I have tired, it seems linario kinda do similar things. But more for Android side as far as I know?
3. Is there any options out there?

Thanks a bunch and I would really appreciate any input.

Thanks.