TCP BBR rate sampling source available now with BSD or GPL license

Neal Cardwell

Jan 31, 2017, 10:29:45 AM1/31/17
to BBR Development
The source code for the TCP BBR rate sampling algorithm is now available under either a BSD-style license or GPL license.

I have attached BSD-licensed versions of the rate sampling code. This code uses the license text at:

The existing GPL-licensed code (identical to the BSD licensed code) can of course be found in the Linux source tree.

Based on discussions with folks implementing BBR in a BSD environment, we thought it might be useful to be able to read or reuse parts of this code. In particular there is a mechanism in the code to try to avoid using bandwidth samples that are distorted by ACK "compression/suppression/decimation/acceleration" effects.

We hope this is useful.

cheers,
neal

tcp_rate_bsd.h
tcp_rate_bsd.c

Randall Stewart

Jan 31, 2017, 2:21:22 PM1/31/17
to BBR Development
Thanks Neal.. this is excellent ..

I will compare this to what I have done :)

Neal Cardwell

Jan 31, 2017, 2:24:33 PM1/31/17
to Randall Stewart, BBR Development
On Tue, Jan 31, 2017 at 2:21 PM, 'Randall Stewart' via BBR Development <bbr...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
Thanks Neal.. this is excellent ..

I will compare this to what I have done :)

You are more than welcome. Enjoy. :-)

neal