SVN password entry in BBEdit 10?

redmac

Aug 9, 2011, 10:09:51 AM8/9/11
to BBEdit Talk
Ok, I might be a little confused today. But didn't it use to be a
dialog box somewhere where you could enter your SVN-password?
I am getting Authentication errors on all SVN-commands used. This did
not happen in the last version of BBEdit. My Username which is stored
in the .svn files looks like it is being used correctly.

Where should I enter my password for SVN?

Will Mayall

Aug 9, 2011, 1:25:23 PM8/9/11
to BBEdit Talk
I am also having this problem. It is possible it started with 10.0.1
(3067). I was using SVN OK with BBEdit 10 before the update.

Will Mayall

redmac

Aug 10, 2011, 10:39:36 AM8/10/11
to BBEdit Talk
I am having these issues in BBEdit 10.0 (3062)

Will Mayall

Aug 10, 2011, 1:25:15 PM8/10/11
to bbe...@googlegroups.com
I use Dropbox as the location for my BBEdit preferences. Not sure if there is any relationship to the SVN issue.

Will

Will Mayall

Aug 12, 2011, 9:25:34 PM8/12/11
to BBEdit Talk
I downloaded a new copy from the SVN server and everything now works.

Andrew

Sep 27, 2011, 6:46:02 AM9/27/11
to BBEdit Talk
Did you find out where to enter SVN passwords in BBEdit 10? I'm having
the same problem.

Will Mayall

Sep 27, 2011, 11:41:55 AM9/27/11
to bbe...@googlegroups.com
I never completely solved the problem and gave up. I switched to using svnX to do the updates. Not ideal but it works.

Will

AJ Jones

Mar 27, 2012, 8:58:40 PM3/27/12
to bbe...@googlegroups.com
Hi folks,

I'm having this same problem, and am am wondering if anyone has had any luck solving this within BBEdit? The command line tools are working just fine, but BBEdit always fails svn operations with "authorization failed". I can't find any information about svn authentication in the manual. I've tried creating new keys in Keychain Access that mirror the way BBEdit stores sftp authentication information to no effect. Finally, all discussion threads about this situation (which seems new to BBEdit 10) are unresolved. I'm trying the BBEdit trial, and will probably buy it even if I can't get SVN working, but it kinda sours the deal a bit to have this promising functionality broken. If I don't hear back from this group in a day or two, I'll email Bare Bones support. If I get any word from them, I'll relay it back here.

Cheers,
AJ