next Skylib release?

László Csomor

Mar 5, 2019, 10:23:52 AM3/5/19
to Christopher Parsons, bazel-discuss, Laurent Le Brun
Hey,

I'm planning to make some very incompatible changes to maprule in bazel-skylib [1]. If it goes in before the 0.8.0 release, I guess that's fine.

Questions:
1. Is that fine indeed?
2. When is the 0.8.0 release scheduled?
3. Is there some process I should follow (now or next time)?

[1] https://github.com/bazelbuild/bazel-skylib/blob/1b28145983091cbe8639d2816fb03ccb3950bbc9/rules/maprule.bzl

--
László Csomor | Software Engineer | laszlo...@google.com

Google Germany GmbH | Erika-Mann-Str. 33 | 80636 München | Germany
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Hamburg
Geschäftsführer: Paul Manicle, Halimah DeLaine Prado

László Csomor

Laurent Le Brun

Mar 11, 2019, 1:14:45 PM3/11/19
to László Csomor, Christopher Parsons, bazel-discuss
On Tue, 5 Mar 2019 at 16:23, László Csomor <laszlo...@google.com> wrote:
I'm planning to make some very incompatible changes to maprule in bazel-skylib [1]. If it goes in before the 0.8.0 release, I guess that's fine.

Questions:
1. Is that fine indeed?

We can discuss it on GitHub. Create an issue where you expose your plans or the bugs you want to fix. We can discuss there the exact way to roll it out.

2. When is the 0.8.0 release scheduled?

It's a manual process.
I believe we can make a proper release when we want.

3. Is there some process I should follow (now or next time)?

Just create a GitHub issue.

--
Laurent