Today's meetup

Harish Gowda

Jan 21, 2015, 1:13:43 PM1/21/15
to bay-are...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

Where is today's meetup. I am hoping get some of Printrbot Simple Metal issues resolved.

_harish

Elliot

Jan 21, 2015, 1:27:16 PM1/21/15
to bay-are...@googlegroups.com
Tonight's meeting should be at the TechShop in San Jose around 7pm.  No membership is required!

I will not be there, but hopefully someone else will be able to help!

T. Joseph Nkansah-Mahaney

Jan 29, 2015, 3:44:54 PM1/29/15
to bay-are...@googlegroups.com
Is the forum the only way to know when there is a meeting?

Thanks!

Joseph

Elliot

Jan 29, 2015, 5:44:17 PM1/29/15
to bay-are...@googlegroups.com
Joseph,

The mailing list is a good place to get reminders, but the schedule is fairly stable:

Meetings are every Wednesday, with the default location being Tech Shop San Jose.

The second Wednesday of every month we meet at B2 coffee in the San Pedro Square Market in San Jose.

Exceptions to the above schedule are announced on this mailing list.

Really, we probably should have a calendar with dates/locations.  Suggestions of how to do so are welcome.  :)

Elliot

jorwex

Jan 29, 2015, 6:40:22 PM1/29/15
to bay-are...@googlegroups.com
Last year I created a Google calendar with all of the Bay Area 3D printer meet ups that I've ever seen advertised here (Type A, Omnom, 3D Thursdays, RepRap TechShop + RepRap B2).

Google Calendar doesn't have great native support for "every Wednesday except the first of every month." I noticed that the ICS spec does have good support for that, and made a file by hand with all events, but when I imported it to Google Calendar, the days of the week got wonky. Most meetings are off by a day.

I will take another crack at it tonight and send out a link if I have success.
--
Jordan W

jorwex

Jan 30, 2015, 2:25:22 AM1/30/15
to bay-are...@googlegroups.com
Man, Google Calendar is frustrating. Their Edit Event dialog won't let you add recurring events on the same day, but their Quick Add has limited support. You can only have two recurring events of the same day per month, i.e. "second, third, fourth Wednesday of the month" won't take, but "second and third Wednesday of the month" will. Once you edit your new event, changing the time away from All Day makes the day shift from Wednesday to Thursday. Putting "7pm to 11pm" in Quick Add won't take either. Oh and there's a bug when you create this sort of event -- even though I made recurring events for Wednesday, the first occurrence of each event appeared on today (a Thursday). What a pain.

Ok, now that my rant is over, here are the links in various calendar flavors.

If someone more responsible than me would like the password for the Google account, I'll hand it over.

Jordan W

Brandon Heller

Feb 1, 2015, 2:20:22 PM2/1/15
to bay-are...@googlegroups.com
Thanks!  This is really useful.

Jordan W

Jordan W

T. Joseph Nkansah-Mahaney

Feb 2, 2015, 1:16:17 AM2/2/15
to bay-are...@googlegroups.com
Any luck with the calendar? BTW, what times are the meetings? There are other groups?

Joseph

Elliot

Feb 2, 2015, 1:19:55 AM2/2/15
to bay-are...@googlegroups.com, Jordan Wexler
Unfortunately, the calendar is mistaken.  It seems to think that the meeting next week is at B2, when really it's at the Techshop..  The *second* Wednesday of every month is at B2...  :\

Jordan,

Can you invite me to that calendar item, giving me edit privileges?

Elliot

On Sun, Feb 1, 2015 at 10:16 PM, T. Joseph Nkansah-Mahaney <gsi1...@gmail.com> wrote:
Any luck with the calendar? BTW, what times are the meetings? There are other groups?

Joseph

jorwex

Feb 2, 2015, 2:53:47 AM2/2/15
to Elliot, bay-are...@googlegroups.com
Elliot,

Crap, I thought it was the 1st Weds. I think I've only been to 4 meetings ever :)

Thanks for the correction. Moved B2 to the correct week of the month and gave you calendar-editing privileges.

Jordan
--
Jordan W

Glenn Beer

Feb 9, 2015, 9:07:10 PM2/9/15
to bay-are...@googlegroups.com
Try creating four separate meets with monthly repeats.

jorwex

Feb 10, 2015, 1:35:51 PM2/10/15
to bay-are...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Glenn. I think (?) that's what we ended up doing.