Garden City Ruby Conference Update

Prakash Murthy

Jul 9, 2013, 9:09:40 PM7/9/13
to bangal...@googlegroups.com
Hello everyone,

There's been significant progress being made on the Garden City Ruby Conference organization work. Here are a few updates:

Dates of the conference:
  Friday Jan 3rd, 2014
  Saturday Jan 4th, 2014
  Sunday Jan 5th, 2014

The conference will be a 2 day single track conference on Jan 4th & 5th, with a day of half-day training workshop sessions on Jan 3rd.

Keynote Speakers:

Conference Organizing Team:
Dheeraj Kumar
Emil Soman
Hemant Kumar
Satish Perala
Swanand Pagnis
Tejas Dinkar

Location of the conference:
Yet to be identified. The team will select a suitable location in Bangalore after some research/digging in work. The conference will be at a hotel.

Ticketing:
The event is limited to 200 people, and tickets are expected to go on sale in the first week of September after the full schedule is finalized. The ticket price is expected to be around Rs. 2,000.

Live streaming of the  talks:
Talks from the conference will be live streamed to reach out to the maximum possible audience.

Call for Proposals:
The call for proposals is likely to open in the first week of August, and be open for most of the month. Please start working on your talk proposals now.

Sponsorships:
The team is working on the sponsorship prospectus now; we will make it public in a few days/weeks and reach out to everyone for support.

That's it for now; more to come later.

Please feel free to reach out to me or to any of the team members should you have any suggestions to make the conference better.

--
Thanks,
Prakash N Murthy

Avinasha Shastry

Jul 9, 2013, 9:18:39 PM7/9/13
to bangal...@googlegroups.com
That awesome progress prakash!

Suggestion for the venue:

MLR Convention Center, JP Nagar

Recently, a lot of events are being held here. The last Unpluggd was here and most of the HasGeek events.

Regards
Avinasha S

Thomas Elam

Jul 10, 2013, 2:06:53 AM7/10/13
to bangal...@googlegroups.com
wow!  amazing!  please don't mind my ignorance, for which i have precious little excuse.  but by Garden City, do you mean Mysore???
i know it usually means Bangalore.

Tom

Swanand Pagnis

Jul 10, 2013, 2:51:24 AM7/10/13