WhatsApp is "too old", please update from the store (wtf?)

Ivan

Jan 30, 2019, 12:29:34 AM1/30/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
this morning i get this message when i try to open the app.
have you got the same error?
if yes we need to get the last version.

Hossain Mohammed Shoaib

Jan 30, 2019, 12:58:13 AM1/30/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
Hi ,
Ivan
In jio phone webapps folder .
There is latest version of whatsapp .
We need some to make it workable like before we did.

Backwood

Jan 30, 2019, 2:35:21 AM1/30/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
yup, same error this morning. we need advanced hacker for this.

Hossain Mohammed Shoaib

Jan 30, 2019, 2:46:23 AM1/30/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
Hi
Backwood
Check kaistore in india thread there advancedhacker posted latest whatsapp inside the webapp folder

Ivan

Jan 30, 2019, 4:25:54 AM1/30/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
it must be modifyed again to be global again.

Hossain Mohammed Shoaib

Jan 30, 2019, 5:52:34 AM1/30/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
yes we just need
sylvain/luxferre ,

Luxferre

Jan 30, 2019, 6:05:27 AM1/30/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
So, could anyone with JioPhone please dump the latest WhatsApp version from JioStore?
Getting it global is a matter of patching of 2 files (unless they extended the hash protection to the entire distribution).

Hossain Mohammed Shoaib

Jan 30, 2019, 6:36:39 AM1/30/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
hi Luxferre
please check
kaistore in india
thread there advanced hkcker posted jio's webapp folder and whatsapp also there

Luxferre

Jan 30, 2019, 7:01:25 AM1/30/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
Looking on it, yep.

Hossain Mohammed Shoaib

Jan 30, 2019, 7:06:13 AM1/30/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
Waiting for a good news.

Ivan

Jan 30, 2019, 7:53:55 AM1/30/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
sorry but i'm not at home now. i was already traveling to my work place this morning, when i've seen this.

the app is in the "Kaistore on jio phone" thread, in the post of AdvancedHacker in the webapps.zip

now i've finished (half-day work), but i've to travel now for an hour before coming home.

Hossain Mohammed Shoaib

Jan 30, 2019, 7:58:09 AM1/30/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
No problem luxferre on the way,

Luxferre

Jan 30, 2019, 8:15:00 AM1/30/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
Patched! https://cloud.disroot.org/s/zXBnCWnb2dGT9ij/download

SHA256: 770bdeea2fb103294e79e1f3381ebd4e859dbc1af94fb9a69babe33747e962a3

On Wednesday, January 30, 2019 at 2:06:13 PM UTC+2, Hossain Mohammed Shoaib wrote:
Waiting for a good news.

Hossain Mohammed Shoaib

Jan 30, 2019, 8:20:16 AM1/30/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
I can only say a thanks from here.;
Awesome work
Dear
Luxferre

Ivan

Jan 30, 2019, 8:29:03 AM1/30/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
thank you luxferre!
now i must test this.

Sylvain D

Jan 30, 2019, 8:34:23 AM1/30/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
Thanks!!

Ivan

Jan 30, 2019, 8:42:18 AM1/30/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
now is also possible to deciding what to save on storage (pics, video or audio)

there is also something new...but works well. i only haven't received confirms from someone...but i think it's all OK!

thank you so much!

i'm going home right now for upload this.

sylvain, nayam: go doing the same on Kaius and jbstore right now!

Peter Knight

Jan 30, 2019, 8:50:43 AM1/30/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
I try this link and its still the same to old mate i am on patched v12

Hossain Mohammed Shoaib

Jan 30, 2019, 8:50:49 AM1/30/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
Yes
This is a latest feature
But some feature missing like voice call (at least )

Hossain Mohammed Shoaib

Jan 30, 2019, 8:57:26 AM1/30/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
Hi
peter
You must restart system to make it workable don't forgot to wipe cache

Ivan

Jan 30, 2019, 9:09:55 AM1/30/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
I've re-called the file WhatsApp-20190130.zip, with the updating date in the name to remember the version (today is 30/01/2019).
These will be the codenames for every version I will upload!

Hossain Mohammed Shoaib

Jan 30, 2019, 9:14:02 AM1/30/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
Awesome!!

Backwood

Jan 30, 2019, 10:44:39 AM1/30/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
Cheers, I almost had a faint heart attack if they tried to block us out!

Peter Knight

Jan 30, 2019, 10:54:22 AM1/30/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
excellent thanks all working again mate

Luxferre

Jan 30, 2019, 10:55:44 AM1/30/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
Don't worry, they try to block us out all the time. Besides the country code list, the patch disables the check that is present in current WhatsApp codebase: the check is performed on the useragent and explicitly bans it from running on Nokia 8110 4G. Get it? Not on CAT, not on Alcatel, not on Doro or MaxCom, but on Nokia.

Why? Probably HMD asked them...

Backwood

Jan 30, 2019, 11:01:42 AM1/30/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
Wow seriously? That's just plain evil.

speeduploop

Jan 30, 2019, 11:01:48 AM1/30/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
Or they are reading this group... ;)
(kaios does)

Sunil Kumar

Jan 30, 2019, 11:03:32 AM1/30/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
why kaios interested in this group

Hossain Mohammed Shoaib

Jan 30, 2019, 11:07:23 AM1/30/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
Does any one seen the latest video by kaiostech on youtube?
I'm pretty impressed about the homescreen concept hope it is truly come on our banana

speeduploop

Jan 30, 2019, 11:08:25 AM1/30/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
why not? we are messing with kaios-devices...

Sunil Kumar

Jan 30, 2019, 11:11:55 AM1/30/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
I think firefox os was open source and as mentioned on net kaios is forked of it so why kaios worries

speeduploop

Jan 30, 2019, 11:26:36 AM1/30/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
Yes FFOS was open source - but not all of KaiOS is.
(some licenses used for parts of FFOS allow changing the license while forking - so 'private' forking is annoying but partly allowed...)

Other parts of KaiOS and apps are new - so no open-source...
Message has been deleted

AdvancedHACKERniV1

Jan 30, 2019, 12:41:15 PM1/30/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
Just a few hours before, there was no update for WhatsApp but now there is a newer version available on the JioStore.

Hossain Mohammed Shoaib

Jan 30, 2019, 12:59:34 PM1/30/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
Need to patch again

Luxferre

Jan 30, 2019, 1:02:29 PM1/30/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
Why? No need to patch as long as this one works fine.
Or did they add voice calls?

On Wednesday, January 30, 2019 at 7:59:34 PM UTC+2, Hossain Mohammed Shoaib wrote:
Need to patch again

Hossain Mohammed Shoaib

Jan 30, 2019, 1:08:51 PM1/30/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
Nope
It has only some improvments
Like message archive
Bold font support
Italic font support
And picture download able to gallery, that's it

PuriShnit

Jan 30, 2019, 2:17:31 PM1/30/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110

It may still be worth to check whether they have done any unpatchable updates, so we know what to expect when the current patched version expires.

But I assume for @luxferre nothing is unpatchable :)

Jack de Belin

Jan 30, 2019, 10:25:41 PM1/30/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
great work. many thanks from Australia :)

Luxferre

Jan 31, 2019, 5:41:01 AM1/31/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
I'll re-patch it but a bit later. On Saturday, maybe.

Ralf Hekkenberg

Jan 31, 2019, 10:24:40 AM1/31/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
Thanks a lot for jumping in so fast man, really appreciated!!

Luxferre

Feb 4, 2019, 12:22:17 PM2/4/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
New patched WA version: https://cloud.disroot.org/s/rSdp7iYLfgzWyW6/download

(SHA256: 7f7e55e3306f0f8f2e09f323b95c4fe4ee382d3b356b5fb136f64ff34814b1b2)

To install, delete the old one, reboot and then install the new one.

Known bugs: somehow doesn't autofill the SMS code for me, had to re-enter manually. Other than that, works fine.

Marcos Arroyo

Feb 4, 2019, 2:05:21 PM2/4/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
Hello, thank you for accepting me in your group, I am from Argentina I ask your forgiveness for my English, this group is great and I am very happy to have found it, thanks again to all of you. I was able to install whatsapp on my Nokia 8110 but the notifications only come to me when the app is open, if I am in any other app or with the phone blocked it does not arrive  if I lock the phone with the app open if they arrive, do you know if this can be fixed in any way? I already tried to reset the phone and it did not work, greetings!

Getz Mikalsen

Feb 6, 2019, 6:14:19 AM2/6/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
Notifications works for me, autofill for sms worked too.
Marcos you should look through your settings both on the phone and on whatsapp, i hope you figure it out! :)

Marcos Arroyo

Feb 6, 2019, 1:46:07 PM2/6/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
Thanks ! now everything working ok

scotte...@me.com

Feb 6, 2019, 3:18:58 PM2/6/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
How did you solve it? I've gone through the settings and can't find anything relevant.

Marcos Arroyo

Feb 7, 2019, 9:13:32 AM2/7/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
I did not, it solve itself.

Giubekk

Feb 8, 2019, 5:14:17 PM2/8/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
Hallo, many thanks for your job, very appreciated!
Just a question: how we can download photo/video from whatsapp to the phone (v13)?
Whit my old nokia 301 was automatic...:(
Sorry, perhaps it's very easy to solve.
Many thanks and proud to be part of your Nokia community.
Greetings from Switzerland

Tom

Feb 11, 2019, 1:29:54 PM2/11/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
Hello everybody,
I am getting the Whatsapp too old message again since this morning, I had updated to the latest version end of january and everything worked fine
Anybody else having this problem?
Thanks

Ivan

Feb 11, 2019, 1:45:08 PM2/11/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
go in the luxferre's post of 4 febbrary in this thread for the last update or download it prom my site

Jashan Grover

Feb 11, 2019, 1:58:50 PM2/11/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
Can anyone tell how to uninstall previous whatsapp in jiophone

Ivan

Feb 11, 2019, 2:10:02 PM2/11/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
remove the app, reboot in recovery mode and then "wipe cache"

Tom

Feb 11, 2019, 4:21:23 PM2/11/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
got it, thanks a lot Ivan

Ivan

Feb 11, 2019, 4:43:16 PM2/11/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
From here you must be sure it will be always updated when you'll see the "old version" message

remember that you have to reboot after the installation

Ben Amodio

Mar 27, 2019, 2:39:12 PM3/27/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
Hi guys. Just letting you know as of about an hour ago Whatsapp is doing the "too old" error again and we need a patched update! Thanks

Backwood

Mar 27, 2019, 3:40:20 PM3/27/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
Yeah.. they have all the time in the world to block us out, but they're still "working hard" on bringing whatsapp to all kaios devices. Bullcrap.

Backwood

Mar 28, 2019, 3:25:38 AM3/28/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
Sorry for the spam.
Mr Jashan Groven few threads back kindly provided the newest version of whatsapp here https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_k45oCZWj75DbbQJ4HAlz3QX02fcRyDi/view
Can't confirm the version, I presume it's the latest version just needs the crack or patch whatever you call it. The Luxferre's/Sylvain's magic touch.

Thanks to our Indian friends!

Luxferre

Mar 28, 2019, 5:32:56 AM3/28/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
I don't have 8110 in the hands as of now but could anyone pls test this patched version? https://cloud.disroot.org/s/dnPGyWbZx2RitrN/download

Brendan

Mar 28, 2019, 6:04:05 AM3/28/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
Just tried to install this on Gerda. Gives me an INVALID_SIGNATURE error.
Thanks for working on the patch, Luxferre.

Hossain Mohammed Shoaib

Mar 28, 2019, 6:12:15 AM3/28/19
to Brendan, comp.mobile.nokia.8110
Also i have no pc at the moment...
Is anyone here to delete the META-INF file into the application.zip?

On 3/28/19, Brendan <bdn.co...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Just tried to install this on Gerda. Gives me an INVALID_SIGNATURE error.
> Thanks for working on the patch, Luxferre.

Ralf Hekkenberg

Mar 28, 2019, 6:15:22 AM3/28/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
Just tried it on 13.00.71.01, same error.

On 28 Mar 2019, at 11:04, Brendan <bdn.co...@gmail.com> wrote:

Just tried to install this on Gerda. Gives me an INVALID_SIGNATURE error.
Thanks for working on the patch, Luxferre.

Luxferre

Luxferre

Mar 28, 2019, 7:01:51 AM3/28/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110

Ralf Hekkenberg

Mar 28, 2019, 7:11:42 AM3/28/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
Works like a charm!! Haven't found any new features yet though.

Thanks so much again Luxferre!

Ivan

Mar 28, 2019, 9:26:29 AM3/28/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
hi guys, thank you Pavlo!

i'm not at home now and i can't update the one on my drive/store....also i can't upload the link on YouTube under my last comment (the top one).

is there someone that can comment on YouTube for me?
my YouTube interface on 8110 redirects me out...i don't understan why i can't comment anymore on YouTube.

thank you!

sad...@gmail.com

Mar 28, 2019, 12:02:58 PM3/28/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
Thanks for the efforts in getting whatsapp working again. I have tried uninstalling and installing the version luxferne linked to above, but I am still getting the message that the version of whatsapp is too old.
Does anyone know how to get it working?
It’s really the only reason I got my 8110!
Thanks.

sad...@gmail.com

Mar 28, 2019, 12:14:49 PM3/28/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
OK ignore that, I just needed to restart the phone.
It’s working now,
Thanks.

Pablo Vivas

Mar 28, 2019, 1:48:41 PM3/28/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
Hi!
First, thank for all your work. I have a problem, I install the app ok but when I start it ask me a code by sms. Then i recived a sms but when I want to put the code, the app start and I can´t put the code. My fasttest time I can put only 3 numbers, but It is imposible put 6.
Anybody can help me?
Thanks again

Ivan

Mar 28, 2019, 2:47:53 PM3/28/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
it should be automatic

Ben Amodio

Mar 28, 2019, 3:15:36 PM3/28/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
Thanks for sorting the new patch out it works great. Even got new messages which I missed while it wasn't working which hasn't happened before.

I have noticed a new feature....... the 16MB video limit has been taken down to 8MB ffs. Is there anyway to increase this? 8MB is ridiculous lol

Backwood

Apr 8, 2019, 7:59:53 AM4/8/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
The download link provided by Mr Jashan Grover for April's update of Whatsapp. Needs a bit cracking.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-meV37hpsJ7iKPspxZW6ewSSZjWCXrsj/view

Hard to keep track when there's always new thread about it.

Hossain Mohammed Shoaib

Apr 8, 2019, 8:02:56 AM4/8/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
I know hard to track but what sould i do ?
They won't response if i writted on this thread so i open a new one on there

MeMC

Apr 8, 2019, 8:13:50 AM4/8/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
I know it is kind of disclosing the "magic", but wouldn't be better to post (here or on the BH page) a short manual telling what and in which file have to be changed to make jio-whatsapp work on Nokia 8110 4G? So everybody with enough skills can self-crack the jio-whatsapp uploaded here without need to waith for upload of the cracked version every 2 weeks or so? If this request is inappropriate, I'm sorry.

Ivan

Apr 8, 2019, 8:47:44 AM4/8/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
hey people! just wait for this...remember that whatsapp is not officially supported.
just the fact that we are able to use it is enough. luxferre is the only one that know how to made that app compatible, but is not right that we have to leave him from his things every time that the owners release an update!

remember that out from this forum there are million of people that are waiting...still waiting this f****** app to be available officially...and we are still a little bunch of people that thinks to whatsapp last update instead of helping to increase the support for the bananahackers sharing our great work to the world wide!

do you want the full Kaios support for all the devices of the world in the future?
or just think to whatsapp today?

i want also remember to you all that the whatsapp sharing and re-distribution for the world should be a responsibility of HMD and all the society that made these devices!
the reason of the existence of this forum is this:
fighting the technologic divide and the freedom and the same opportunity for all the Kaios users of the world!

so....the updated and patched version will come when it will be needed. let think instead to find a way to awakening HMD and all that responsibles that don't give a f*** for us all!!!

speeduploop

Apr 8, 2019, 9:00:59 AM4/8/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
If you are skilled enough to patch it with the help of a how-to - then you are skilled enough to do it without...
-- the problem is: there are about a handfull of people in this group who actually code and whatsapp isn't a priority for all of them. So please don't order, request, spam, beg for it - just ask kindly and if and when one of them has the time he/she will most probably help...

MeMC

Apr 8, 2019, 9:05:45 AM4/8/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
Well, I think HMD has no interest in KaiOS anymore. Nowadays KaiOS is a lowcost solution for ultrabudget OEM handsets sold in the third world mostly by providers as a part of their services. Very probably no way for HMD profit. Just a competitor to many types of HMD outdated S30+ handsets. Even the battery for N8110G (and very probably another parts as well) is unavaliable and Nokia/HMD is totaly silent for queries. N8110 4G is on sale and probably not manufactured anymore. No new Nokia/HMD handset announced yet. It's all very sad.

speeduploop

Apr 8, 2019, 9:10:41 AM4/8/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
And then there is Sailfish3 -- shown to run on devices as low as the Nokia 3310...
-- so it's a direct competitor to KaiOS and not even the worst ;)
(but yeah - we got off-topic here)

Ivan

Apr 8, 2019, 9:19:57 AM4/8/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
@MeMC we are working and fighting to have support.
just the fact that many people are contacting us because want to get third party support for their fresh purchased phone is a conquest for us...and a clean message to the manufacturers about the needing of the people in the market share.

if we have success the world could be stopping to depend from android and ios on mobile technologies...also the opportunity to give a better way to get out the toxicity of the smartphones...but this is only a my desire and dream (i really hate that devices brain-eaters called smartphones).

MeMC

Apr 8, 2019, 9:43:39 AM4/8/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
I totally understand whatsapp is not priority for that handfull people who code for KaiOS. From my point of view this is the reason not to bother these valuable and precious people with patching whatsapp, to let another people to patch whatsapp and thus free resources of skilled KaiOS coders for serious coding. So I was kindly asking for disclosing the know-how because of them (no time consuming and low priority patching every new WA version) and because of community (no worries about WA suddenly not working). If the answer is NO, so let it be. I was just asking, no offence. Please accept my apology. Yes, I can probably reverse engineer/compare former unpatched/patched versions and find how-to.

For me N8110 is 2nd or 3rd device just for fun because it is not ready for my everyday use - and one reason is WA uncertainity. I still prefer my aged BB Passport or even more aged N9. Second one even does not have WA at all - but when there is simply no WA available on the device, one can live with it if the device fits one's needs in other ways. Device with WA which can anytime suddenly stop working until "someone" is so kind to upload jio version and "someone" else so kind to patch it.... is just weird and preventing from N8110 4G serious use. I'm afraid this may also lead to wide public conclusion that "KaiOS/N8110 sucks" which can be find in most both prefessional and users' reviews. Isn't it the real reason for HMD to behave this hostile way...? To degrade KaiOS and to free marketshare in the western world for their not that much pricey Android and outdated but cheaper S30+ handsets?

speeduploop

Apr 8, 2019, 10:00:32 AM4/8/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
It's not HMD who are preventing whatsapp on all 8110s... that's not their decision.
Whatsapp is provided by whatsapp :D

Until now only the Jio-Whatsapp is ported to the Jio-8110 (which should be a no-brainer because same firmware - more or less)
But if they don't provide it for all regions then there is nothing left HMD can do about it.

I don't use whatsapp - never did / never will.
So I didn't looked at the code and couldn't even test if I wanted to - but I think it's all about patching the 'don't start on a 8110'-bits out and creating a package for OmniSD. (I don't know at the moment wether the 'number-prefix-patches' are still needed)

BTW: if the code happens to be non-minified/-uglyfied --> then we could create an automatic patch-file for future WA-releases...
(but yes - chances are low...)

MeMC

Apr 8, 2019, 10:44:47 AM4/8/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
Yes, Whatsapp is provided by Whatsapp. But also KaiOS and (or?) HMD decides which apps are available in the store on the N8110.
On official WA web there is no trace of geographical limitation, KaiOS is mentioned as one of four supported OSes: "We provide support for and recommend using the following devices: ... Phones running KaiOS 2.5.1+, including JioPhone and JioPhone 2". https://faq.whatsapp.com/en/kaios/26000006/?category=5245235
I do not see any rational reason for WA to geographical limitation of KaiOS app to India only. They want people in other countries than India to use Android/iOS/WinPhone only? Why?! Or "licence fee" or sth like this has to be paid by KaiOS/HMD...?
It's all W-E-I-R-D.

speeduploop

Apr 8, 2019, 11:06:12 AM4/8/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
No... it's a bit more complicated...

There is a whatsapp-app in the JioStore - and this works for the indian-/jio-version of the Nokia 8110
(which uses a jio-mod of KaiOS instead the version our devices have)
--> porting this app from the jio to the jio-mod-8110 should have been simple.

There is no whatsapp in the KaiStore - so our device has no officially access.

--> so they (whatsapp not HMD) have to port and test their app to/on the 'normal' KaiOS and put it in the 'normal' KaiStore...
Wether they didn't do so yet for technical reasons or licensing issues - who knows.

But again: the big difference is not the region - it's the firmware and store on the indian Nokia 8110 4G which differs from ours!

Hossain Mohammed Shoaib

Apr 8, 2019, 11:40:28 AM4/8/19
to speeduploop, comp.mobile.nokia.8110
But there KaiOS told that they are working to make available for all region
how funny is this..........!!

Hossain Mohammed Shoaib

Apr 8, 2019, 11:48:21 AM4/8/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
but for this one photo i'm getting mad.................
how is this possible according to Kaisupport.......

56332523_10156768645900041_2381167677499506688_n.jpg

MeMC

Apr 10, 2019, 3:31:54 AM4/10/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
Who to blame for not having Whatsapp available to download in N8110 Store, episode 254:

"7 March 2019 ... MTN has started to roll out its new Smart S 3G phone across all of its African markets, including South Africa. ... Thanks to MTN, we got our hands on one phone before it becomes available locally. ... Users can also download WhatsApp from the KaiStore." Source: https://mybroadband.co.za/news/smartphones/298514-mtn-launches-r300-smartphone-with-whatsapp.html
And Hossain's post with pic of Whatsapp installed on this handset.

W-T-F?! Whatsapp available in KaiOS store in Africa (i.e. outside of India), even on budget $22 handset and still not available in KaiOS store for N8110?! Even the app works fine on N8110 but is only intentionally blocked for this handset?!

Whatsapp supports KaiOS 2.5.1+
Nokia N8110 runs KaiOS 2.5
Doesn't Nokia N8110 need "only" a small OS upgrade?

Another info. Today (2019-04-10) Nokia published updated User guide for N8110. https://www.nokia.com/phones/en_int/support/api/pdf/nokia-8110-4g-user-guide?locale=en Not only in english but also in other languages.
Haven't checked the differences, but it means that N8110 is still actively supported by Nokia. Probably more changes will come...?

Hossain Mohammed Shoaib

Apr 10, 2019, 5:00:31 AM4/10/19
to MeMC, comp.mobile.nokia.8110
No whatsapp support on kaios 2.5..........
only Nokia 8110 in india has 2.5.1
the equalization is global nokia v13 = Indian nokia 2.5.1

MeMC

Apr 10, 2019, 5:13:21 AM4/10/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
My european Nokia V13 = KaiOS 2.5 (OS version in the device info menu)

Indian Nokia 8110 has "2.5.1" OS version in the device info menu?

Hossain Mohammed Shoaib

Apr 10, 2019, 5:32:03 AM4/10/19
to MeMC, comp.mobile.nokia.8110
Yes
All are same only software name are different
Here we get KaiOS 2.5
But in india kaiOS 2.5.1
also you can search that the latest version of kaios is 2.5
so, why jio provided kaios 2.5.1 none can say that without jio itself...
> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/bananahackers/a9965d8a-bac1-4796-a732-c3dd71142e66%40googlegroups.com.

Pablo Vivas

Apr 12, 2019, 8:41:04 AM4/12/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
I talked with whatsapp support and here in Spain is treir problem, but then never ask me again. So, I think that is for regions.
Thanks

El miércoles, 30 de enero de 2019, 6:29:34 (UTC+1), Ivan escribió:
this morning i get this message when i try to open the app.
have you got the same error?
if yes we need to get the last version.

Ralf Hekkenberg

May 14, 2019, 4:26:37 PM5/14/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
I just got the old "Whatsapp is too old, please update from the store" message again.

Good to know they're working hard on improving the app :P

Ralf Hekkenberg

May 14, 2019, 5:14:42 PM5/14/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
Ah I just found out there's an official version out.. never mind :D

Marcos Arroyo

May 14, 2019, 5:28:47 PM5/14/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
Im on Gerda, waitting for patched whatsapp, thanks !

Ivan

May 15, 2019, 12:35:46 AM5/15/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
hey people, have someone tested the official release on an old firmware/Gerdaos?

Jeremy Thomson

May 15, 2019, 8:46:45 AM5/15/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
I could really use a new release of whatsapp for kaiOS/8110.
Can someone tweak it and upload or let us know what to do?
Thanks.

Ivan

May 15, 2019, 12:35:30 PM5/15/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
I need someone with GerdaOS/v13/v12APIupdated that tests this:

Marcos Arroyo

May 15, 2019, 12:47:22 PM5/15/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
Im on gerda, when open the app says need a software upgrade
Message has been deleted

Ivan

May 15, 2019, 12:55:48 PM5/15/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110

Il giorno mercoledì 15 maggio 2019 18:55:14 UTC+2, Ivan ha scritto:
OK, then retry replacing the /system/kaios folder with this one https://drive.google.com/open?id=1oTrLf-_l1xzLVUXFMg32kSur9m3Gk24B

Put the folder in the SD card and made:

adb shell
busybox telnet localhost
mount -o remount,rw /system
cp -fR /sdcard/kaios /system/
exit
exit
adb reboot recovery

and "wipe cache partition"

then retry!
Message has been deleted

Marcos Arroyo

May 15, 2019, 1:36:24 PM5/15/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
Same error, says need a software upgrade
It is loading more messages.