Firefox OS Marketplace snapshot (March 2018), let's try to re-manufacturize apps for KaiOS

Ivan

Sep 2, 2018, 12:11:18 PM9/2/18
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
Hi everybody, this is the full Marketplace snapshot (march 2018) with all the Firefox OS apps to remanufacturize. https://ia800105.us.archive.org/zipview.php?zip=/24/items/Firefox_Marketplace_2018_03_Capture/Firefox_Marketplace_2018_03_Capture.zip . I hope can help developers for adapt them to OmniSD. I am trying to remanufacturize a File Manager, PDF viewer and all that app that Doro 7060 and Reliance Jio Phone already have and Nokia 8110 haven't...unsuccessfull. I hope you all can do better.

I Understand I Exist

Sep 2, 2018, 4:49:53 PM9/2/18
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
dude, thanks alot for the link, tomorrow ill download all the apps there and start working on them, maybe we can implement files from textr app into these apps and see how it goes, anyways tomorrow we'll find out
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Ivan

Sep 2, 2018, 6:35:40 PM9/2/18
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
I've tryed with more apps, also from github. If I try, for example, to install File Manager after putting << "version": 1, >> in the metadata.json file I don't get anymore <<installation error: version>> and if I try to change the "origin" in the info.json (renamed metadata.json) I get the error <<missing MetaDataFile>>. Then I put only <<"version": 1,>> in the metadata.json file and I get always the error <<Installation error: object Object>>. I don't know where I'm wrong. I'm not an expert, but I think the solution is near. I think also after all we 'll  need a code to get a cursor...and in another thread I've seen that you had one. Let me know.

I Understand I Exist

Sep 3, 2018, 10:05:03 AM9/3/18
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
why dont you replace the metadata.json file with another one that actually works, then make your modifications to that

I Understand I Exist

Sep 3, 2018, 10:30:30 AM9/3/18
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
ivan, take a look at this

i have made an app that got through installing, however, i cant use it cause its for a touch device

Ivan

Sep 3, 2018, 2:38:49 PM9/3/18
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
Excuse me I Understand I Exist, I'm just come home now from the job.

The question is What is the "origin" if these are obsolete applications? I've tryed to find "origin" in the manifest but every link don't referingto the webapp. How have you finisched successfull the installation? Give me an exemple, please. I'm new in the art of developing applications. I've never made an application, is the first time that I try to do this. For example, how can I start the installation of this  package https://archive.org/download/Firefox_Marketplace_2018_03_Capture/Firefox_Marketplace_2018_03_Capture.zip/Firefox_Marketplace_2018_03_Capture%2F474085-file-manager%2Ffile-manager-1.0-beta2.20150315.zip . For the cursor I can work later. Thanks in advance.

Ivan

Sep 3, 2018, 4:08:25 PM9/3/18
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
I'm trying everything. I re-write metadata.json and manifest.webapp more and more time without errors about metadata. I've costantly the message "Installation error: [object Object]". Help!

I Understand I Exist

Sep 3, 2018, 5:06:17 PM9/3/18
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
hello ivan, look the metadata.json file should only refer to the manifest.webapp, no science there, i have sent you an email including the files of an app, a custom app and textr, you should try it out

i got a successful installation of many apps, however, these apps are for touch phones not a keypad one, if only i can extract apps form this phone and them modify them

here's an example of metadata.json
{"version": 1, "manifestURL": "app://textr.831337.xyz/manifest.webapp"}

this file should be present with another file named manifest.webapp

to be able to install an app you have to
change the "textr.831337.xyz" to whatever

and include the modified metadata.json with the app files

note that if the url is {"version": 1, "manifestURL": "app://textr.831337.xyz/update.webapp"}

change it to

{"version": 1, "manifestURL": "app://textr.831337.xyz/manifest.webapp"}

and rename the update.webapp to manifest.webapp

I Understand I Exist

Sep 3, 2018, 5:09:38 PM9/3/18
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
add me on facebook when u get a chance

Ivan

Sep 3, 2018, 5:43:51 PM9/3/18
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
Yes, I've understand all this. I've not problem with recognization of metadata for now. I've only a problem to start installation cause OmniSD notify the error [object Object]. I think it refer to permission or any error of recognization of the folders/files set. I don't know where is the problem. If you can try to install the filemanager app I can try to put cursor that, in refering to your Kaiostech link, is simple tu put into.

Ps: I've no Facebook and no Whatsapp, sorry man! I hate them. I prefer feature phones cause I don't need to use social network to comunicate with people, I only want talk phone and using sms...if no I had get a smartphone without problem ;)

I Understand I Exist

Sep 4, 2018, 12:38:16 AM9/4/18
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
okay dude, lets try this
you send me the app and i'll make installable then i'll send it back to you and you can add the code
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Ivan

Sep 4, 2018, 5:31:45 PM9/4/18
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
If anyother want to help us to start the installation of these app I put here my works:

Enjoy!

Ivan

Sep 6, 2018, 5:37:57 PM9/6/18
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
No way! The message Error installation: [object Object] persists for me. Have anyone made a full installation of these Firefox Os apps?

I Understand I Exist

Sep 7, 2018, 10:27:51 AM9/7/18
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
hello man sorry i have been busy, ok thanks i will check the apps hope they'll work

Ivan

Sep 10, 2018, 4:52:40 PM9/10/18
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
I've solved the problem. The origin of the metadata.json is always obsolete and at the installation I had object Object error. Many apps refering to gaiamobile.org and all installations works...but the apps Iv'e tryed gave me a blank screen. The app start but you can't use it. The filemanager is getted from the simulator available on the KaiOS development page and is installable by OmniSD. In this app every file format is associated to an app, for now only the Music, Gallery and Video apps already installed on the Nokia 8110. Now I'm working for a document viewer and a PDF viewer by the Marketplace Snapshot link available on the top of this thread, but I repeat: I'm not a developer or an expert. I hope you all made best works!

I Understand I Exist

Sep 16, 2018, 2:10:18 PM9/16/18
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
hello ivan, long time no talk, i tried alot but nothing seem to work, its really frustrating, i think we should relay on the updates (for now), tell me what did u get so far
Message has been deleted

Ivan

Nov 19, 2018, 9:03:43 PM11/19/18
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
I've finished just now to check all the 6000 applications and from these I've saved less of 100 apps, you all can download these directelly on your JailBrocken phones from the JBStore app. In this moment the JBStore counts exactly 134 applications usable!

Other 20 applications that doesn't works are available in the WARNING folder from my Google Drive App Store.

Enjoy ;)

Rubén Rodrigo

Nov 20, 2018, 1:45:29 PM11/20/18
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110