WhatsApp global version for KaiOS (beta)

Luxferre

Dec 29, 2018, 7:08:27 AM12/29/18
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
The truly global version of WhatsApp for KaiOS is finally here but there's still room for improvement.

Limitations:

1. During the signup, you have to scroll through a long list of codes, no fast search present.
2. Country list has just codes, no names (and the name div creation is just commented out there).

Other than that, works fine on v13 after installing on OmniSD.

jkelol111

Dec 29, 2018, 8:53:43 AM12/29/18
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
Oh yes, finally! 8110 owners rejoice! Kudos to everyone involved with the development!

Ivan

Dec 29, 2018, 9:16:16 AM12/29/18
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
Hi, is there solved the v12 problem?
i must guarantee to Italy that the app works well, but with the hard jailbreak of august i can't upgrade my firmware. like me there are other people with the same problem :(
help, please!

Getz Mikalsen

Dec 29, 2018, 11:44:59 AM12/29/18
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
How'd you do it?

Whatsapp is known to ban account using modified/unauthorized versions of the client, been there done that, just worried.

Luxferre

Dec 29, 2018, 12:33:14 PM12/29/18
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
We'll see but it's not an unauthorized version. It's an official Indian version using an officially established user agent and official non-tampered backend tokens. The whole modification was essentially to get it able to send country codes other than 91 on signup. And this modification was done in the files not susceptible to WhatsApp's integrity check (if you do modify one of those that are, they would return a token error and not let you in).

Getz Mikalsen

Dec 29, 2018, 12:40:43 PM12/29/18
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
Ok good to hear!

Cliff Smee

Dec 30, 2018, 2:03:58 AM12/30/18
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
Hi

Im having issues with WhatsApp, I can install it fine from OmniSD (phone is 8110, firmware v12) and it sets up but then I cant start a new chat in the app or have my contacts appear. Is anyone else having similar issues, or is this because my phone is using firmware v12.

syl...@rentoo.immo

Dec 30, 2018, 2:41:21 AM12/30/18
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
yep you need v13

David Allouch

Dec 30, 2018, 7:43:49 AM12/30/18
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
Is it me or it is missing the whatsapp web?... can't live without it....

David Allouch

Dec 30, 2018, 7:47:34 AM12/30/18
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
I am on v13 and i have the same issue... on top of the missing whatsapp web...

Luxferre

Dec 30, 2018, 8:00:56 AM12/30/18
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
It's the same version JioPhones have but modified to accept different country codes on signup. So, same limitations apply - no voice calls and no WhatsApp Web, whatever this means.

Backwood

Dec 30, 2018, 11:39:01 AM12/30/18
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
Anyone on v14 got this working?
I turned off my system auto-update just incase, still on v13 but some random countries are already on v14.