Building WhatsApp for different countries: whatsapp-kaios-builder script

Luxferre

Dec 28, 2018, 3:09:29 AM12/28/18
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
Ladies and gentlemen,

Thanks to Sylvain and the comrades from Reddit we've got a functional WhatsApp port for 8110. However, server-side token parsing somehow requires that only one field is present in the country selection page. Otherwise we get "Something is wrong with your version of WhatsApp" error when submitting the phone number. So, unfortunately we have to stick to one WhatsApp distribution per country.

To make this per-country patching process easier, I created a simple builder Bash script (it didn't allow me to post with attachment, so here's the download link: https://cloud.disroot.org/s/MFeDrtx5bokRyet/download). The usage is simple: whatsapp-kaios-builder/build.sh "Country label" country_code,

e.g. whatsapp-kaios-builder/build.sh "US/Canada" 1
or whatsapp-kaios-builder/build.sh "Ukraine" 380

The "whatsapp-omni-[code].zip" file will be created in the directory you called it from. This package is installable via OmniSD. You can unzip it and unzip the application.zip if you want to install it via xpcshell or WebIDE.

If you need to, I can attach different ready-made packages for different countries. Just tell me the number codes.

P.S. Yep, I'm back!

Luxferre

Dec 28, 2018, 3:51:04 AM12/28/18
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110

On Friday, December 28, 2018 at 10:09:29 AM UTC+2, Luxferre wrote:
Ladies and gentlemen,

Thanks to Sylvain and the comrades from Reddit we've got a functional WhatsApp port for 8110. However, server-side token parsing somehow requires that only one field is present in the country selection page. Otherwise we get "Something is wrong with your version of WhatsApp" error when submitting the phone number. So, unfortunately we have to stick to one WhatsApp distribution per country.

To make this per-country patching process easier, I created a simple builder Bash script (it didn't allow me to post with attachment, so here's the download link: https://cloud.disroot.org/s/g9RTtF6EGQFSd65/download). The usage is simple: whatsapp-kaios-builder/build.sh "Country label" country_code,
Message has been deleted

Backwood

Dec 28, 2018, 6:06:59 AM12/28/18
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
I did something wrong or I just dont get it... Could you provide me the package for Finland and the country code is +358? Thanks for your guys hard work!
Message has been deleted

Luxferre

Dec 28, 2018, 7:24:47 AM12/28/18
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
Message has been deleted

Luxferre

Dec 28, 2018, 9:42:00 AM12/28/18
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
Nope, it's adjusted to Finland with this code only. There's some obscure token creation limitation that doesn't allow to turn on the dropdown as of now even if all entries were effectively pointing to India. So we have to stick to one distribution per country.

P.S. You don't need to unpack, this very archive is ready to be installed by OmniSD. Unpacking (double-unpacking) is needed if you install via WebIDE or xpcshell only.

On Friday, December 28, 2018 at 3:32:29 PM UTC+2, Backwood wrote:
Thanks! Is it still supposed to give the drop-down menu of different countries? Which one do I pick when i register my number?

Ivan

Dec 28, 2018, 9:42:52 AM12/28/18
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
i think that if every country needs a different whatsapp client...i must made a new category into the website with 208 whatsapp versions O.O

WOOOW!

Luxferre

Dec 28, 2018, 9:51:35 AM12/28/18
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
Yes, Ivan, I believe it has to be so now, either until Sylvain and/or I figure out the issue with multi-country list token generation (actually, token substitution into Indian ones), or until an official WhatsApp version lands into the store. The latter is what we're actually pushing to but last time HMD recognized us as a serious force they changed the update signature keys, so, alas, they are not as open to dialogues...

BTW we don't have as many phone country codes as there are countries, e.g. +1 is for US and for Canada and for Puerto-Rico and for Trinidad & Tobago and for plenty of other places. And some places are banned by WhatsApp themselves, like Iran, Syria, North Korea etc, so there's no point to build a distribution package for them.
Message has been deleted

Backwood

Dec 28, 2018, 10:30:17 AM12/28/18
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
I had to clear my phone's cache there was an old version of whatsapp interfering, I've tried installing billions of them.

It works flawlessly now I cant thank you guys enough! !!
I've waited this since last summer, now i can throw my old smartphone into the pit :D

Sergey Vasiliyevich

Dec 28, 2018, 11:31:29 AM12/28/18
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110

28 Aralık 2018 Cuma 11:09:29 UTC+3 tarihinde Luxferre yazdı:
Hi, I need to turkey code. Thanks

Getz Mikalsen

Dec 28, 2018, 12:34:50 PM12/28/18
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
Here, I made a few, Turkey is the one ending in 90
Message has been deleted

Getz Mikalsen

Dec 28, 2018, 1:07:00 PM12/28/18
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
Then you probably downloaded the wrong one or i messed up, the one ending in 90 is for turkey.
I only tested the +46 one myself

Getz Mikalsen

Dec 28, 2018, 1:07:30 PM12/28/18
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
Did you restart the phone between the tries?
Message has been deleted

Ivan

Dec 28, 2018, 1:20:17 PM12/28/18
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
if you have already installed another version of every software also if you have removed it you have to go in recovery mode and "wipe cache" first, then reboot.

ps: the google maps icon disappears but you can restore it opening the Kaios store.

Message has been deleted

Luxferre

Dec 28, 2018, 2:35:18 PM12/28/18
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
If you have firmware v12 then connection might hang for unknown reason. This patched version is working for sure on v13 and above.

On Friday, December 28, 2018 at 8:39:20 PM UTC+2, tns...@gmail.com wrote:
28 Aralık 2018 Cuma 21:20:17 UTC+3 tarihinde Ivan yazdı:
> if you have already installed another version of every software also if you have removed it you have to go in recovery mode and "wipe cache" first, then reboot.
>
> ps: the google maps icon disappears but you can restore it opening the Kaios store.

Working. I can write my phone number and activation SMS code but not open. Waiting installing screen.
Message has been deleted

Ivan

Dec 28, 2018, 2:53:46 PM12/28/18
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
then we need the old version of whatsapp that was compatible
Message has been deleted

Sylvain D

Dec 28, 2018, 3:08:34 PM12/28/18
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
Good evening,

Thanks a lot for the wonderful job done here around the 8110!
Could I request the whatsapp for France, the country code is +33

I'm on v13 with OmniSD installed since v12
Message has been deleted

Ivan

Dec 28, 2018, 3:25:35 PM12/28/18
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
I've missed some passage:

1 - unpack the zip, the content is te source of the app whatsapp (i think the last version);

2 - from terminal whatsapp-kaios-builder/build.sh "Italy" 39

3 - this is the result
whatsapp-kaios-builder/build.sh: 14: whatsapp-kaios-builder/build.sh: pushd: not found
sed: impossibile leggere src/page.js: File o directory non esistente
sed: impossibile leggere src/lang-en-js.js: File o directory non esistente
whatsapp-kaios-builder/build.sh: 17: whatsapp-kaios-builder/build.sh: pushd: not found
updating: whatsapp-kaios-builder/ (stored 0%)
updating: whatsapp-kaios-builder/build.sh (deflated 48%)
updating: whatsapp-kaios-builder/tmp/ (stored 0%)
updating: whatsapp-kaios-builder/tmp/update.webapp (stored 0%)
updating: whatsapp-kaios-builder/tmp/src/ (stored 0%)
updating: whatsapp-kaios-builder/tmp/src/update.webapp (deflated 59%)
updating: whatsapp-kaios-builder/tmp/src/manifest.webapp (deflated 69%)
updating: whatsapp-kaios-builder/tmp/src/startBackend.js (deflated 55%)
updating: whatsapp-kaios-builder/tmp/src/commons.js (deflated 70%)
updating: whatsapp-kaios-builder/tmp/src/icons/ (stored 0%)
updating: whatsapp-kaios-builder/tmp/src/icons/whatsapp_84.png (deflated 2%)
updating: whatsapp-kaios-builder/tmp/src/icons/whatsapp_56.png (deflated 4%)
updating: whatsapp-kaios-builder/tmp/src/intl.js (deflated 68%)
updating: whatsapp-kaios-builder/tmp/src/backend.js (deflated 72%)
updating: whatsapp-kaios-builder/tmp/src/licenses.js (deflated 84%)
updating: whatsapp-kaios-builder/tmp/src/index.html (deflated 50%)
updating: whatsapp-kaios-builder/tmp/src/styles.css (deflated 74%)
updating: whatsapp-kaios-builder/tmp/src/react-qr-svg.js (deflated 65%)
updating: whatsapp-kaios-builder/tmp/src/pako.js (deflated 69%)
updating: whatsapp-kaios-builder/tmp/src/swContent.js (deflated 67%)
updating: whatsapp-kaios-builder/tmp/src/intl-locales-en-js.js (deflated 86%)
updating: whatsapp-kaios-builder/tmp/src/backendWorker.js (deflated 51%)
updating: whatsapp-kaios-builder/tmp/src/lang-en-js.js (deflated 73%)
updating: whatsapp-kaios-builder/tmp/src/serviceWorker.js (deflated 57%)
updating: whatsapp-kaios-builder/tmp/src/page.js (deflated 71%)
updating: whatsapp-kaios-builder/tmp/src/metadata.json (deflated 11%)
updating: whatsapp-kaios-builder/tmp/src/8e70650eb69026ea6519569a201cb038.png (stored 0%)
updating: whatsapp-kaios-builder/tmp/metadata.json (deflated 11%)
updating: whatsapp-kaios-builder/src/ (stored 0%)
updating: whatsapp-kaios-builder/src/update.webapp (deflated 59%)
updating: whatsapp-kaios-builder/src/manifest.webapp (deflated 69%)
updating: whatsapp-kaios-builder/src/startBackend.js (deflated 55%)
updating: whatsapp-kaios-builder/src/commons.js (deflated 70%)
updating: whatsapp-kaios-builder/src/icons/ (stored 0%)
updating: whatsapp-kaios-builder/src/icons/whatsapp_84.png (deflated 2%)
updating: whatsapp-kaios-builder/src/icons/whatsapp_56.png (deflated 4%)
updating: whatsapp-kaios-builder/src/intl.js (deflated 68%)
updating: whatsapp-kaios-builder/src/backend.js (deflated 72%)
updating: whatsapp-kaios-builder/src/licenses.js (deflated 84%)
updating: whatsapp-kaios-builder/src/index.html (deflated 50%)
updating: whatsapp-kaios-builder/src/styles.css (deflated 74%)
updating: whatsapp-kaios-builder/src/react-qr-svg.js (deflated 65%)
updating: whatsapp-kaios-builder/src/pako.js (deflated 69%)
updating: whatsapp-kaios-builder/src/swContent.js (deflated 67%)
updating: whatsapp-kaios-builder/src/intl-locales-en-js.js (deflated 86%)
updating: whatsapp-kaios-builder/src/backendWorker.js (deflated 51%)
updating: whatsapp-kaios-builder/src/lang-en-js.js (deflated 73%)
updating: whatsapp-kaios-builder/src/serviceWorker.js (deflated 57%)
updating: whatsapp-kaios-builder/src/page.js (deflated 71%)
updating: whatsapp-kaios-builder/src/metadata.json (deflated 11%)
updating: whatsapp-kaios-builder/src/8e70650eb69026ea6519569a201cb038.png (stored 0%)
updating: whatsapp-kaios-builder/metadata.json (deflated 11%)
whatsapp-kaios-builder/build.sh: 19: whatsapp-kaios-builder/build.sh: popd: not found
  adding: whatsapp-kaios-builder/ (stored 0%)
  adding: whatsapp-kaios-builder/build.sh (deflated 48%)
  adding: whatsapp-kaios-builder/tmp/ (stored 0%)
  adding: whatsapp-kaios-builder/tmp/update.webapp (stored 0%)
  adding: whatsapp-kaios-builder/tmp/src/ (stored 0%)
  adding: whatsapp-kaios-builder/tmp/src/update.webapp (deflated 59%)
  adding: whatsapp-kaios-builder/tmp/src/manifest.webapp (deflated 69%)
  adding: whatsapp-kaios-builder/tmp/src/startBackend.js (deflated 55%)
  adding: whatsapp-kaios-builder/tmp/src/commons.js (deflated 70%)
  adding: whatsapp-kaios-builder/tmp/src/icons/ (stored 0%)
  adding: whatsapp-kaios-builder/tmp/src/icons/whatsapp_84.png (deflated 2%)
  adding: whatsapp-kaios-builder/tmp/src/icons/whatsapp_56.png (deflated 4%)
  adding: whatsapp-kaios-builder/tmp/src/intl.js (deflated 68%)
  adding: whatsapp-kaios-builder/tmp/src/backend.js (deflated 72%)
  adding: whatsapp-kaios-builder/tmp/src/licenses.js (deflated 84%)
  adding: whatsapp-kaios-builder/tmp/src/index.html (deflated 50%)
  adding: whatsapp-kaios-builder/tmp/src/styles.css (deflated 74%)
  adding: whatsapp-kaios-builder/tmp/src/react-qr-svg.js (deflated 65%)
  adding: whatsapp-kaios-builder/tmp/src/pako.js (deflated 69%)
  adding: whatsapp-kaios-builder/tmp/src/swContent.js (deflated 67%)
  adding: whatsapp-kaios-builder/tmp/src/intl-locales-en-js.js (deflated 86%)
  adding: whatsapp-kaios-builder/tmp/src/backendWorker.js (deflated 51%)
  adding: whatsapp-kaios-builder/tmp/src/lang-en-js.js (deflated 73%)
  adding: whatsapp-kaios-builder/tmp/src/serviceWorker.js (deflated 57%)
  adding: whatsapp-kaios-builder/tmp/src/page.js (deflated 71%)
  adding: whatsapp-kaios-builder/tmp/src/metadata.json (deflated 11%)
  adding: whatsapp-kaios-builder/tmp/src/8e70650eb69026ea6519569a201cb038.png (stored 0%)
  adding: whatsapp-kaios-builder/tmp/metadata.json (deflated 11%)
  adding: whatsapp-kaios-builder/src/ (stored 0%)
  adding: whatsapp-kaios-builder/src/update.webapp (deflated 59%)
  adding: whatsapp-kaios-builder/src/manifest.webapp (deflated 69%)
  adding: whatsapp-kaios-builder/src/startBackend.js (deflated 55%)
  adding: whatsapp-kaios-builder/src/commons.js (deflated 70%)
  adding: whatsapp-kaios-builder/src/icons/ (stored 0%)
  adding: whatsapp-kaios-builder/src/icons/whatsapp_84.png (deflated 2%)
  adding: whatsapp-kaios-builder/src/icons/whatsapp_56.png (deflated 4%)
  adding: whatsapp-kaios-builder/src/intl.js (deflated 68%)
  adding: whatsapp-kaios-builder/src/backend.js (deflated 72%)
  adding: whatsapp-kaios-builder/src/licenses.js (deflated 84%)
  adding: whatsapp-kaios-builder/src/index.html (deflated 50%)
  adding: whatsapp-kaios-builder/src/styles.css (deflated 74%)
  adding: whatsapp-kaios-builder/src/react-qr-svg.js (deflated 65%)
  adding: whatsapp-kaios-builder/src/pako.js (deflated 69%)
  adding: whatsapp-kaios-builder/src/swContent.js (deflated 67%)
  adding: whatsapp-kaios-builder/src/intl-locales-en-js.js (deflated 86%)
  adding: whatsapp-kaios-builder/src/backendWorker.js (deflated 51%)
  adding: whatsapp-kaios-builder/src/lang-en-js.js (deflated 73%)
  adding: whatsapp-kaios-builder/src/serviceWorker.js (deflated 57%)
  adding: whatsapp-kaios-builder/src/page.js (deflated 71%)
  adding: whatsapp-kaios-builder/src/metadata.json (deflated 11%)
  adding: whatsapp-kaios-builder/src/8e70650eb69026ea6519569a201cb038.png (stored 0%)
  adding: whatsapp-kaios-builder/metadata.json (deflated 11%)
whatsapp-kaios-builder/build.sh: 22: whatsapp-kaios-builder/build.sh: popd: not found
Package written to /home/ivan/Scaricati/whatsapp-omni-39.zip

4 - I open the folder and in the "tmp" there is the app to packing as application.zip, then I made the package;

5 - on installation I don't get the +39 and the Italy labels, it swows ###CODENAME### and ###COUNTRYNAME###

Where am I wrong??? :\

ps: also I'm on the v12, I don't know if it could work but I want to try

Luxferre

Dec 28, 2018, 3:36:33 PM12/28/18
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
Pushd not found? What is the shell you're using?

I tested on Bash, both on Linux and Mac.

Ivan

Dec 28, 2018, 3:48:50 PM12/28/18
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
I'm using normal terminal on Xubuntu 18.04

Sylvain D

Dec 28, 2018, 3:52:46 PM12/28/18
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
Ok I managed to do it, and it works!
Thanks for the script and explanation.

Here is the link for the whatsapp France app I got as result of the command : whatsapp-kaios-builder/build.sh "France" 33

Hope this can help!

Luxferre

Dec 28, 2018, 3:55:04 PM12/28/18
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
Since v12 doesn't support service workers in general way and v13 does, I think this is the reason of not connecting.

Ivan

Dec 28, 2018, 4:01:06 PM12/28/18
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
I don't think, Luxferre. I've done all on the pc. My pc don't know  what is my device phone.

Ivan

Dec 28, 2018, 4:08:32 PM12/28/18
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
At this point can you try to give me the Italian version please (+39)?

Ps: I'm not sure. Have you used the last updated Whatsapp version? I remember that the older one started when we tryed. I think was the same whit all the country list maded by Sylvain

Ivan

Dec 28, 2018, 4:09:06 PM12/28/18
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
talking about v12

Sylvain D

Dec 28, 2018, 4:28:59 PM12/28/18
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
I don't know about the version.
Repeating the same process, here's the link for the whatsapp italy I got :

Ivan

Dec 28, 2018, 4:44:20 PM12/28/18
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
Thank you Sylvain D,

I'm still on the initialising phase...now I leave my phone and I wait for a lot.
I want to see if it is needed time to made whatsapp working or is a v12 problem :\ never used whatsapp in my life butn I don't think this will be the right time

apatrahil

Dec 28, 2018, 5:34:19 PM12/28/18
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
Maybe to run build.sh in Debian and debian-based dists (like xubuntu), the first line must change from #!/bin/sh to #!/bin/bash. In /sh pushd and popd are missing. I use Devuan (is Debian without systemd) and I have same log like Ivan. After change all is o.k. (my english is not perfect!)

Ivan

Dec 28, 2018, 6:10:27 PM12/28/18
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
I have seen, thank you. don't worry,my English sucks!

anyway the app initializing, i have waited some minutes and after i had closed the app.

i was curious, then i opened the app again...it works,but i have problems about permissions on privacy and importing apps.

then the app could work with v12, the only problem is the real basic function of this app,the first one: importing and adding contacts.

ps: on activation i received an SMS with a code. why? :/

pardon me,is my first time on whatsapp

speeduploop

Dec 28, 2018, 6:25:22 PM12/28/18
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
Because whatsapp is bound to your phone number....
...and all your contacts.
(whatsapp is worse then google/chrome...)

Ivan

Dec 28, 2018, 6:32:16 PM12/28/18
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
I must correcting myself: I know that whatsapp uses personal numbers...the question is, now I have this code....what can I do with it? The app is already open without other validations out of my telephone number!! :S

Ivan

Dec 28, 2018, 6:36:36 PM12/28/18
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
Are there needed other permissions in the manifest.webapp for the firmware v12? It seems that the v13 is more permissive for whatsapp and v12 not.

speeduploop

Dec 28, 2018, 6:37:15 PM12/28/18
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
I think the app was supposed to intercept this sms automatically and act accordingly... I don't think you should have seen it :D

Ivan

Dec 28, 2018, 6:41:30 PM12/28/18
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
I have seen the notification, about 2 seconds of a kind of "insert code" window and starts the initializing loading....that could during forever, but if i exit from the all and reopen it i cant' import contacts. I have tryed to add some contacts manually but I can't see them. I can only adding that contacts to my....contacts app (then on the sim or on the internal memory)

speeduploop

Dec 28, 2018, 6:44:27 PM12/28/18
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
whatsapp doesn't have an own contacts-list... it syncs phone numbers of your normal contacts with it's server.
(you may trust them that they only send hashed versions to server)

Ivan

Dec 28, 2018, 6:58:25 PM12/28/18
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
Then I must sincronizing my contacts to the server. This is a function that whatsapp must have and can't doing for my v12 device.I must know more about.

Cliff Smee

Dec 28, 2018, 8:33:14 PM12/28/18
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
Hi

Thanks so much to Luxferre and Sylvian.

Is it possible to get an Singapore version (+65) and Australian version (+61)?

Cheers

jkelol111

Dec 28, 2018, 11:40:46 PM12/28/18
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110

Ivan

Dec 29, 2018, 1:40:36 AM12/29/18
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
then if someone with the v12 already have a whatsapp account,him could synchronizing hosted contacts? the app starts but have no permissions to upload contacts. also if i add contacts manually my whatsapp is unable to read them.

ps: i have finally started the script and made working the app. i can upload other country numbers on a dedicated section on b-hackers store.

Luxferre

Dec 29, 2018, 3:05:35 AM12/29/18
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
Ivan and others,

I'm close to solving the multi-country select issue but we will still be limited to 11 countries per one distribution.

What's going on: WhatsApp does indeed perform integrity checks on 3 files, among them is commons.js where mapping takes place. Other two are index.html and backend.js. Once any of them is tampered, the token error arises.

The single-country hack is using other files (page.js and lang-en-js.js) so it does not tamper the protection.
The multi-country hack is going to be very dirty but I think it's going to finally work.

I'll return with more news and a POC today.

Getz Mikalsen

Dec 29, 2018, 3:17:50 AM12/29/18
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
Or we could just make an "app" that runs the bash script on the 8110 and call it whatsapp installer.

jkelol111

Dec 29, 2018, 3:23:54 AM12/29/18
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
It depends on what is in the busybox though.

syl...@rentoo.immo

Dec 29, 2018, 3:27:02 AM12/29/18
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
Hi,

You are not supposed/allowed to execute binaries from the browser, one solution is to create the application zip using JS, same it to storage and then install it such as omnisd.
But if time must be spent, it's on the multi countries registration support.

Going v13 soon, and will investigate.
Message has been deleted

Luxferre

Dec 29, 2018, 3:49:54 AM12/29/18
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
I managed to get 11-country version working. First batch is for Eastern Europe: https://cloud.disroot.org/s/WJwQ3Bkrqkxo9p6/download

Luxferre

Dec 29, 2018, 3:55:43 AM12/29/18
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
Unpinning the post, will create the new one shortly about multi-constructor.

jkelol111

Dec 29, 2018, 3:57:36 AM12/29/18
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
I suppose if we are using the current country specific version there is no reason to upgrade to this version right?

Luxferre

Dec 29, 2018, 4:04:22 AM12/29/18
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
Nope, technically they don't differ but we'll also create 11-country versions for different regions soon.