Positivo P70s - Unable to connect via ADB

Alexandre Alessi

Sep 5, 2019, 9:19:44 PM9/5/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
Sorry for the last message, it was sent incomplete.

I bought a new KaiOS device here in Brazil to try to start develop some Apps. It's a Positivo P70s and it was released at end of the last month. I tried to follow the steps from KaiosTech site to connect my device using ADB, but the adb devices doesn't recognized it, ever tought I was able to access the phone filesystem. I follow the steps in a PC Desktop running Linux Deepin and Linux Mint and in a notebook with Windows.

In linux I create that
/etc/udev/rules.d/51-android.rules
file and put the vendor in it. Just like the turial.

My vendor's phone is:

Bus 001 Device 022: ID 1782:4001 Spreadtrum Communications Inc.

I already have the android environment installed and tried with adb I already had on my machine and also with that suggested by tutorial and it doesnt't recognized.

In Windows same problem. I could access the filesystem via cable but adb doesn't recognize the device.

The Phone runs KaiOS 2.5.1.1

I enabled Development Mode by entering *#*#33284#*#* and so the top bar shows the Develop Icon, but I could find the "Developer Mode" option in the settings.

I bought this phone for the purpose to make and test KaiOS Apps, so I ask:

Is it possible that my phone doesn't support connection from adb at all?

Is there any case of KaiOs phones that don't support adb connection?

Fan of G.K

Sep 6, 2019, 12:44:12 AM9/6/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110

Luxferre

Sep 6, 2019, 2:57:02 AM9/6/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
Hi,

So, here's the gist: enabling bug icon with *#*#33284#*#* doesn't make Developer Menu appear, but you should at least be able to connect via ADB afterwards.

Is there any case of KaiOs phones that don't support adb connection?

There is, like CAT B35, but there it can be solved by patching boot partition.

Since your platform is Spreadtrum-based, it could be much harder to do this without a working root on the device itself.

Alexandre Alessi

Sep 6, 2019, 8:21:11 PM9/6/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110

I tried to install simulator. but it looks like it freezes before boot:.
Captura de tela de 2019-09-06 21-18-51.png

Alexandre Alessi

Sep 6, 2019, 8:22:50 PM9/6/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
cannot connect :(

I install a new linux mint from scratch and make the steps again, everything works without fails, but the devices is not recognized by adb.

Fan of G.K

Sep 7, 2019, 3:34:08 AM9/7/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
Screenshot_20190907-130108.png

Alexandre Alessi

Sep 9, 2019, 3:25:25 PM9/9/19
to Fan of G.K, comp.mobile.nokia.8110
I'll try that too when I get home, but I don't have much hope anymore. thanks.

Anderson Guerra

Sep 10, 2019, 1:27:00 PM9/10/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
Did it work? I'm thinking of buying one P70S just to develop things, but now I'm a bit apprehensive

Em segunda-feira, 9 de setembro de 2019 16:25:25 UTC-3, Alexandre Alessi escreveu:
I'll try that too when I get home, but I don't have much hope anymore. thanks.

Em sáb, 7 de set de 2019 às 04:34, Fan of G.K <ishude...@gmail.com> escreveu:
Try to solve by this - https://stackoverflow.com/questions/11810537/android-adb-doesnt-see-device

Ivan Alex HC

Sep 10, 2019, 1:58:16 PM9/10/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
Use this guide from the official KaiOS support https://developer.kaiostech.com/getting-started/env-setup/os-env-setup it helped me with my Qualcomm device, we think you must set your Spreadtrum device in the adb driver. Let us know.

Il giorno lunedì 9 settembre 2019 21:25:25 UTC+2, Alexandre Alessi ha scritto:
I'll try that too when I get home, but I don't have much hope anymore. thanks.

Em sáb, 7 de set de 2019 às 04:34, Fan of G.K <ishude...@gmail.com> escreveu:
Try to solve by this - https://stackoverflow.com/questions/11810537/android-adb-doesnt-see-device

Alexandre Alessi

Alexandre Alessi

Fan of G.K

Sep 11, 2019, 10:24:03 PM9/11/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
If you only want to test apps not the whole device then try one of these two methods-:

1.Kdeploy-https://github.com/kaiostech/kdeploy

or

2.Make KaiOS install- https://sites.google.com/view/bananahackers/development/make-kaios-install?authuser=0

Ivan Alex HC

Sep 13, 2019, 4:03:54 PM9/13/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
an user from Facebook says that the code to enabe ADB on P70S is *#*#0574#*#*

Alessandro de Oliveira Faria

Sep 13, 2019, 4:14:28 PM9/13/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
Use this code:

*#*#33284#*#*

after this :

*#*#0574#*#*

and enable the  "Adb Debug" item

Alexandre Alessi

Sep 13, 2019, 4:51:59 PM9/13/19
to Alessandro de Oliveira Faria, comp.mobile.nokia.8110
yes!

A guy from Positivo team contacted me and told I was using the wrong code.
the correct one is:

*#*#0574#*#*

now debug mode is working fine.

Ivan Alex HC

Alexandre Alessi

Alexandre Alessi

Sep 15, 2019, 2:06:08 PM9/15/19
to Ivan Alex HC, comp.mobile.nokia.8110
and WebIde doesn't see my device, even tought it is being listed by 'adb devices'.

Ivan Alex HC

Sep 15, 2019, 2:07:24 PM9/15/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
Connect the phone via ADB. If WebIDE does not see it, run

adb forward tcp:6000 localfilesystem:/data/local/debugger-socket

Il giorno domenica 15 settembre 2019 19:59:46 UTC+2, Alexandre Alessi ha scritto:
[...]

Alexandre Alessi

Sep 15, 2019, 2:17:11 PM9/15/19
to Ivan Alex HC, comp.mobile.nokia.8110
I did, the commands seems to work, but cannot connect using WebIDE:

Captura de tela de 2019-09-15 15-14-18.png

How could I debug that error?

Ivan Alex HC

Sep 15, 2019, 2:25:49 PM9/15/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
Kaiosrt automatically detects if a device is connected, other versions of WebIDE (Firefox 52.9 and earlier, or Palemoon 28.6.1 and earlier) need the adb command I gave you a little while ago.
Try then with a different webIDE. Kaiosrt is still under development (in fact some features like screenshots are missing, present on the other two emulators).

Ivan Alex HC

Sep 15, 2019, 2:27:03 PM9/15/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
Just use a portatile version of Palemoon (without update it, I use alwais it)

Alexandre Alessi

Sep 15, 2019, 2:29:49 PM9/15/19
to Ivan Alex HC, comp.mobile.nokia.8110
Now I restart everything and when I tried to connect it gives me this error :

image.png

Ok I will try Palemoon

Alexandre Alessi

Sep 15, 2019, 2:41:54 PM9/15/19
to Ivan Alex HC, comp.mobile.nokia.8110
finally! it works using Palemoon... It runs the app on phone using remote.

thanks for you help

Ivan Alex HC

Sep 15, 2019, 2:44:26 PM9/15/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110