[ALPHA] Kaidi Remote - Control your Kodi from KaiOS.

jkelol111

Mar 9, 2019, 3:19:07 AM3/9/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
So I had some free time recently, and I decided to create a native KaiOS look and feel Kodi remote application. It is currently very limited in terms of functionality, but I will try my best to add all possible functionalities into this soon (provided I have time).

How to use:

First launch:
1. Load the zip with OmniSD
2. On first launch, Kaidi will prompt for the IP and Port of your Kodi device. Remove any username and password in Kodi remote control settings (Settings/Services/Remote) (THIS WILL BE SUPPORTED SOON). Also check if controlled by other devices is ON.
3. Hit the Save softkey and click Ok on the alert prompt. If your settings are correct, a notification will appear on your device and Kodi.

Every launch afterwards:
1. Have the Kodi machine on first.
2. Open Kaidi Remote.
3. Use D-pad to do back controls (Up, Down, Left, Right, Select)
4. Use Answer call key to go Back.
4. If there is an input field you want to fill in, hit the More softkey and Input.

Have fun and report bugs on the project issue tracker (https://github.com/jkelol111/kaidi/issues) or here!

jkelol111

Apr 16, 2019, 12:58:08 AM4/16/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
The app is now on B-Hackers Store! Download it there now.

Ivan

Apr 16, 2019, 4:05:17 AM4/16/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
MULTIMEDIA section ;)

jkelol111

Aug 6, 2019, 4:16:35 AM8/6/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
Kaidi Remote (Alpha) v 0.4.7.3 have been released, fixing tiny issues to prepare for a complete rewrite + upgrade to Kaidi Remote (Beta). Download it on Github: github.com/jkelol111/kaidi/releases.

Mods of B-Hackers Store, please update with new version, thanks :)

Sylvain D

Aug 6, 2019, 6:28:55 AM8/6/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
Kaidi Remote (Alpha) v 0.4.7.3 is updated on B-Hackers store's Multimedia Category!
Great work, and good luck for next build!

jkelol111

Nov 22, 2019, 7:18:55 AM11/22/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
So, I'm currently working on the Kaidi Remote rewrite. Voice any features that you want to have added here, and I'll try my best to include it in.

Also, I'd like to have opinions regarding the inclusion of advertising. I have decided to use KaiAds in the rewrite of Kaidi Remote (for monetization of the app on KaiStore). This is a change that I'd like to clarify below:

  • As per KaiStore guidelines, they will prioritize the apps with their advertising platform integrated (KaiAds), hence my decision to include KaiAds in the upcoming release of Kaidi Remote (Beta).
  • I do not plan to make any money, if the user doesn't want to be interrupted by advertising, they can always disable the advertisements through Settings in the app, and support my work if they want to through PayPal (paypal.me/jkelol111). This will be highlighted when the app starts for the first time.
  • Of course, as a human too, I will not bug any users of current Alpha versions if they do not want any trace of KaiAds.
Do post your suggestions for the app, as well as your opinions about advertising in the rewrite of Kaidi Remote.

Thanks,
jkelol111

Luxferre

Nov 25, 2019, 8:52:17 AM11/25/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
Nice to hear that more developers are going official. I was pleasantly surprised when I finally saw the wolfff78's Reader app in the KaiStore, even on Sigma. Hope we'll see your project there someday as well.

jkelol111

Jun 19, 2020, 12:49:23 PM6/19/20
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
It's now there after quite a while...although it is having a very strange installation problem that KaiOS Tech themselves still hasn't resolved.

G Power

Jun 20, 2020, 3:06:06 AM6/20/20
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
But they haven't updated here https://www.kaiostech.com/store/