NeoMod: tracker music format player for Nokia 8110 4G

Luxferre

Feb 8, 2019, 6:57:09 PM2/8/19
to banana...@googlegroups.com
What kind of geekphone is 8110 without the ability to play tracker music?

NeoMod is a player based on libopenmpt.js (the 0.4 version optimized for asm.js compilation) and chiptune2.js (that I had to tune a bit to redirect the output to "content" moz channel instead of "normal" (explained some details in our Discord)). So, it should support all the tracker module format libopenmpt supports: MOD, S3M, STM, XM, IT etc.

In fact, full format list is here (see the 0.4 section): https://lib.openmpt.org/libopenmpt/faq/ - it's really huge.

Supports both GerdaOS and jailbroken stock (v13 at least).

Download NeoMod version 0.0.1 here: https://cloud.disroot.org/s/ED6jADewzLMHatt/download
(SHA256: fd3fb11cc20c1806eca53f2a8efa069f181691634aa7b0e95d5b2515f9f2344a)

How to use:

1. Create a /mods directory in your SD card root - no other destinations are supported yet. Upload your module files there.
2. Launch the player (for the first time you have to wait about 15 seconds - the engine will compile libopenmpt with asm.js so it will be unresponsive and display "Please wait..." in the title bar).
3. Hit right soft key for initial scan.
4. Controls are: up/down - volume, left/right - previous/next module, Back button - minimize, Call button - full stop (then you can really exit with Back button). You can also shuffle the list with left button.
5. On the next launch, the previous saved list will load. If you added something new, hit Rescan again.

Please test this out and enjoy.

Marco K

Feb 9, 2019, 2:35:41 AM2/9/19
to Luxferre, comp.mobile.nokia.8110
Awesome!

Am Sa., 9. Feb. 2019 00:57 hat Luxferre <subor...@gmail.com> geschrieben:
What kind of geekphone is 8110 without the ability to play tracker music?

NeoMod is a player based on libopenmpt.js (the 0.4 version optimized for asm.js compilation) and chiptune2.js (that I had to tune a bit to redirect the output to "content" moz channel instead of "normal" (explained some details in our Discord)). So, it should support all the tracker module format libopenmpt supports: MOD, S3M, STM, XM, IT, AHX etc.

[...]

Luxferre

Feb 9, 2019, 2:56:24 AM2/9/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
My bad, AHX is not a tracker format, anyway, here's the full list of 44 supported formats:

mptm, mod, s3m, xm, it, 669, amf, ams, c67, dbm, digi, dmf, dsm, dtm, far, imf, ice, j2b, m15, mdl, med, mms, mt2, mtm, nst, okt, plm, psm, pt36, ptm, sfx, sfx2, st26, stk, stm, stp, ult, wow, gdm, mo3, umx, xpk, ppm, mmcmp

Luxferre

Dec 15, 2020, 4:27:59 PM12/15/20
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
Suddenly, NeoMod 0.0.2 released with pause/stop functions stabilized and more intuitive initial /mods directory scan dialog: https://cloud.disroot.org/s/PA68zRj8j7LwAcq/download

Also, manifest origin has been changed so it's recommended to uninstall the previous version before installing this one, to avoid confusion.

Luxferre

Dec 15, 2020, 4:29:17 PM12/15/20
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
Also, this 0.0.2 version is still in OmniSD/GerdaPkg format but also installable onto 8000 with WebIDE/gdeploy in unpacked fashion.