[Output] Meeting: 21st July 2014

Doug Belshaw

Jul 22, 2014, 6:28:36 AM7/22/14
to ba-digweb...@googlegroups.com
Thanks to those who made it to the meeting on Monday. I thought it was a particularly productive one in setting us up for the next couple of months!

If you couldn't make it, or if you want to listen again, a recording (along with a backup of the etherpad) can be found below.

Call agenda: http://bit.ly/BA-DigWebLit-July21
Audio: https://archive.org/details/ba-dwl-21-july-2014

I've also posted this to our working group page on the Badge Alliance wiki.

Points to note:
Please use this thread to share your thoughts, opinions and resources about this week's call. :-)

-----
Doug Belshaw
Co-chair, DWL working group

Dave BGCA

Jul 24, 2014, 12:49:56 PM7/24/14
to ba-digweb...@googlegroups.com
Doug, all:

I've updated the Google Doc with information from our call and from the Mozilla / Web Lit Map page. URL: http://goo.gl/40byub

Here are some early / quick wins / things that make sense (anyone, feel free to override!):

(1a) Do we agree on the scope of the throughlines (or central concepts) derived from preexisting WLM?
(1b) Would it help to get one level more granular? If so, what are 1-3 subconcepts that fit within the overarching concepts?
(2a) After that, mapping between the throughlines to badgeable enterprises (copied and pasted from the WLM materials) will help illuminate what kinds of things we might need to develop. For example, do we need an activity that indicates where people can find user agreements, and what to look for? Or to direct to a talk on the same? \
(2b) To define - What exactly will constitute a badgeable activity?

Hope this is helpful!
--Dave

vanek008

Jul 24, 2014, 3:01:19 PM7/24/14
to ba-digweb...@googlegroups.com
I've had miserable luck with the meeting times and dates.  I missed this meeting and will miss the next one, too. Apologies. Thanks for keeping such great notes on the etherpad. I'm reading and trying to keep up.  Added notes to the pathways doc.

jen

Ian O'Byrne

Jul 25, 2014, 3:44:40 PM7/25/14
to ba-digweb...@googlegroups.com
Looks good Dave. I think it'll be very important for us to keep these quick, "wins" or "takeaways" from each meeting. This will allow others to jump on board without having to listen to the whole meeting.

-Ian