Hardware Encoding Crashes Windows 7

Gerald Schroecker

Nov 15, 2016, 11:09:07 AM11/15/16
to AVBlocks
As soon as I enable hardware encoding on my laptop AVBlocks completely freezes my Windows 7 and I have to do a hard power off. One last message from AVBlocks states that it failed to eject my GPU (plausible because it's built-in).
Recently even my windows installations was damaged from this behavior.

I suspect this has to with the fact that the laptop works with Nvidia Optimus Technology, which means changing the GPU used for rendering on-the-fly.

My Configuration

Windows 7 64Bit
Intel Core i7 4810MQ with Intel HD graphics 4600 driver v10.18.14.4414
Nvidia Quadro K4100M driver v375.63

Any help would be appreciated!

Gerald