videoconferencing hardware purchasing

Todd L. Austin

Jun 26, 2014, 3:35:17 PM6/26/14
to av...@googlegroups.com
Hi, All.

I'm in need of purchasing some hardware for an upcoming project and am wondering what you all are purchasing these days.

In this application, we'll need to support two high-zoom (10x+ optical) PTZ HD cameras at each location and need to support both H.323 and Blue Jeans connections going forward.

My group would have purchased Polycom HDX hardware in the past, but that stuff is looking pretty long in the tooth.

What would you look at? Brands? Configurations?

Thanks!

Todd

Todd L. Austin
Videoconferencing Lead
LSA Instructional Support Services
University of Michigan

Office:  2012 Modern Languages Building
Mail:  G353 Mason Hall
419 South State Street
Ann Arbor, MI 48109-1027

http://www.lsa.umich.edu/iss
lau...@umich.edu
cell:  734-274-7259
office:  734-647-1534

Keith Mills

Jun 26, 2014, 6:21:24 PM6/26/14
to av...@googlegroups.com

Since you’re familiar w/ the Polycom stuff, maybe go with their new line of codecs—the RealPresence Group 700 has dual camera inputs.

K.

Keith Mills

Manager, Classroom Services

IT—Communications/Media

MLB 25, 2500 University Drive, NW

Calgary, Alberta, Canada

T2N 1N4

Phone:  (403)-220-6386

E-mail:  kmi...@ucalgary.ca

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "The AV-1 Forum" group.

Johanne Rioux

Jun 26, 2014, 8:44:30 PM6/26/14
to av...@googlegroups.com, kmi...@ucalgary.ca
I agree with Keith. We are also very pleased with the Polycom Eagle Eye director.

Johanne

Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone on the Bell network.