Quartet glass boards?

Tim O'Neil

May 22, 2014, 9:44:42 AM5/22/14
to av...@googlegroups.com
Does anyone have any experience with Quartet glass boards as opposed to standard whiteboards? Anything, good or bad, would be useful.  Our facilities folks wish to start installing them.

Tim O'Neil
Associate Director, Media Technology Services: Brandeis University
415 South St. MS 045
Waltham, Ma. 02454
781-736-4429 desk, 781-844-2862 cell
129.64.16.83 video

Todd Hughes

May 22, 2014, 11:04:08 AM5/22/14
to av...@googlegroups.com

Tom

Not specifically with Quartet glass boards but we are working with Clarus Glass boards and tables.  We are using Clarus for custom glass table tops in our collaborative classrooms.  Glass tables work great for student collaboration.  The students love being able to gather around a table and make notes and ideas right on the table top itself.

Glass board work great and are easily cleaned off.  One big benefit is if someone uses a sharpie on it it comes off rather easily with glass cleaner.  Although I wouldn’t advertise this to your campus.

Todd

Todd Hughes

Instructional Technology Engineer

Media Services

Duquesne University

600 Forbes Ave

211 Canevin Hall

Pittsburgh, PA 15282

412-396-6090

hugh...@duq.edu

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "The AV-1 Forum" group.

Dechter, Christopher

May 22, 2014, 11:19:04 AM5/22/14
to av...@googlegroups.com

The trick to getting permanent marker off of glass and whiteboards is to go over the permanent ink with a dry-erase marker thoroughly.  Then you can simply erase it and the permanent ink will come off the surface.  As I understand it, it's something about how the dry erase ink bonds to the glass/whiteboard surface that it actually gets under the permanent ink.  Or something.

Chris

--
Christopher Dechter
Classroom Technology Services

May 22, 2014, 11:27:02 AM5/22/14
to av...@googlegroups.com
Sounds like an opportunity for some stress testing, Steve. You could try a backpack, book, cinder block, sledgehammer, Superfly Jimmy Snuka; whatever you can find. Maybe you can set up a live stream like Harry did a few weeks ago for the rest of us to observe.

Chris

--
Christopher Dechter
Classroom Technology Services
University of Missouri - Kansas City

May 22, 2014, 11:30:14 AM5/22/14
to av...@googlegroups.com
That would be fun to watch.
AV-1+om>

Tim O'Neil

May 22, 2014, 11:34:05 AM5/22/14
to av...@googlegroups.com
We have some Clarus glass board products and they're pretty solid.  But, our $ watchers notice the significant, potential cost savings with Quartet's product. So, we'll see.

The table idea is very good!

--
Tim O'Neil
Associate Director, Media Technology Services: Brandeis University
415 South St. MS 045
Waltham, Ma. 02454
781-736-4429 desk, 781-844-2862 cell
129.64.16.83 video

Thomas, Harry (CIV)

May 22, 2014, 11:47:24 AM5/22/14
to av...@googlegroups.com
I¹m going to create a new YouTube channel called ³Will It Break?²

Watch for me on late nite TV.

Harry

Matthew Wilk

May 22, 2014, 1:20:29 PM5/22/14
to av...@googlegroups.com

We’ve been using Goldray glass/magnetic boards in a couple of rooms and they work out well.  Can use ay marker – permanent comes off with regular white board cleaner.

Matthew M. Wilk

Associate Director, Technical Services & Operations

Digital Classroom Services

Undergraduate Academic Affairs

848-445-3211

http://DCS.rutgers.edu