Odd question that's a bit off topic. . . .

Keith Mills

Sep 5, 2014, 6:36:59 PM9/5/14
to av...@googlegroups.com, Heaton, Tyler

Hi AV-1 folks—

I got an email from a colleague at another University asking if I knew of any virtual dissection technology that’s being used in biology or health sciences at our school.  The Med School uses “Lindsay” (http://lindsayvirtualhuman.org/) and there’s an Australian product called Anatomedia (http://www.anatomedia.com/).  There are also simulators for Vet Med (http://vetsimulators.net/ ) or human medicine.  But those aren’t virtual dissection.  Have any of you come across virtual dissection technology for non-human critters at your institutions?

If there’s nothing out there, I’m sure somebody could get a grant from PETA or the ASPCA to develop the virtual rat or leopard frog . . . .

K.

Keith Mills

Manager, Classroom Services

IT—Communications/Media