BenQ SH910 - Cycling through full screen colors on power up.

Malott, Richard A

Apr 1, 2014, 10:52:56 AM4/1/14
to av...@googlegroups.com
We have approximately 35 x BenQ SH910 projectors in our small classrooms throughout campus. We have noticed that a random issue will occur upon powering up the projector from a control system (ethernet control). The projector will turn on but instead of displaying the video being transmitted over the HDMI connection, the projector will start cycling through full screen colors of a color bar test pattern.

Sometimes the menu can be brought up, but at other times the projector doesn’t respond to either the remote or the control system and has to be hard-power cycled (pulling power on the projector.) The problem seems to be remedied when the projector is power cycled and we have seen this issue occur approximately 10-15 times over the last 6 months across campus. I don't see this issue described in any of the FAQ’s on BenQ’s website and I’m wondering if anyone else has seen this problem occur or knows of a solution to the issue.

Regards,

Richard A Malott, CTS-D, DMC-E
Classroom Technologies Support, IT Division
University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences
501.831.0537RAMa...@uams.edu