Vaddio Bridge 2.1 update

Whitfield, Ben

Jul 8, 2014, 2:49:27 PM7/8/14
to av...@googlegroups.com

As some of you may have experienced, the Vaddio Bridge when first introduced had audio issues when using one of the many meeting software’s (Lync, Skype, WebX, etc.) , where audio would be very low. We got ours working but when we just did a replacement of the PC’s in our rooms, the issue came back. I now see the Vaddio’s 2.1 update addresses this, as you can see from the release notes…

HID Audio Configuration Option: A HID (Human Interface Device) associated with USB audio controls option has

been added. The administrator has the ability to enable or disable USB HID controls for the audio input gain settings.

When disabled, the Host PC does not have the ability to modify the audio input levels on the AV Bridge. This feature

can be used to set a fixed gain on the AV Bridge audio input when interfacing to a professional audio system and

prevents the PC from overriding the gain. PC control of the Mute function is maintained when HID audio gain controls

are disabled.”

Has anyone ran into a similar situation and performed the update? How did it work out for you? We will be updating our bridges tomorrow and I’ll add my own feedback if this thread generates interest.

Ben Whitfield

Office of Information Systems

UNC School of Medicine

439 MacNider Hall

Chapel Hill, NC 27599

Ruben_W...@med.unc.edu

919.966.6841

Be Mercury, set feathers to thy heels,
And fly like thought from them to me again.

Shakesphere: King John, Act IV, Scene II