BRCT Missense mutations of BRCA1 gene in Breast Cancer patients from Zambia

Lisa Shakachite

Jun 1, 2021, 4:05:09 AM6/1/21
to auth...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

My name is Lisa Shakachite and I am a Master's student in Molecular Biology at the University of Zambia. I am currently in the process of determining the appropriate sample size for the study I have mentioned above. And I would like to find out if there is a specific statistical equation that can help me determine this in order for me to either accept or reject my formulated null hypothesis?

Any assistance you can provide me with is greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,
Lisa Shakachite.

Thomas Ngambwa

Jun 1, 2021, 8:22:04 AM6/1/21
to auth...@googlegroups.com
what is the title of your study? unless we get this, you cannot be guided accordingly.

--
When posting, please include your name, institution/organisation
You can also start a new thread by emailing auth...@googlegroups.com

Masinde Muliro University of Science and Technology | P.O Box 190 - 50100, Kakamega, Kenya
Tel: 056 31375 | Email: in...@mmust.ac.ke | Website: www.mmust.ac.ke

DISCLAIMER: This email is confidential and intended for the sole use of the individual or entity to which it was addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the sender immediately and delete this email without disclosing, copying, using, distributing or storing its contents. Kindly note that unless expressly stated, any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Masinde Muliro University of Science and Technology. The recipient should check this email and any attachments for the presence of viruses. The University does not accept liability for any damage caused by this email

dakup fwenshinen

Jun 1, 2021, 8:45:30 AM6/1/21
to auth...@googlegroups.com
There's a formula but it largely depends on your topic age range etc

Lisa Shakachite

Jun 2, 2021, 3:32:57 AM6/2/21
to AuthorAID
Hello all,

The title of my study is ‘BRCT Missense mutations of BRCA1 gene in Breast Cancer patients from Zambia’ and the goal of my study is to determine whether changes in the sequence of the BRCA1 protein affect its structure and function in Breast cancer patients. The selected sample size will specifically include females diagnosed with breast cancer aged 40 years old or younger. Samples will be collected randomly from a selected breast cancer referral clinic in Zambia meaning samples will cover a wide number of townships in the area. I hope this information is helpful. Any assistance you can provide is greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Lisa.