Re: [AuthorAID] Digest for authoraid@googlegroups.com - 7 updates in 4 topics

Ynoussa MAIGA

Jan 13, 2021, 5:35:17 AM1/13/21
to auth...@googlegroups.com
Hi
Could you correct the date. Is it wednesday 20th January or Friday January 22?
Sincerely
Ynoussa MAIGA
Lecturer/Researcher
Environmental Microbiology
Bioremediation
Water Quality
Solid State Fermentation for Biomass Valorization
Laboratory of Microbiology and  Microbial Biotechnology
University Joseph KI-ZERBO
04 BP 8816 Ouagadougou 04
Tél: 00226 76 65 60 51
**********************************

Felix Emeka Anyiam <felixeme...@gmail.com>: Jan 12 12:35AM -0800

Date: Friday, 20th January 2021

Time: 11:00 am – 12:00 noon GMT
Duration: 40 min session and 15 min Question Answers (Total 1 hour)

Registration Link:
https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/1868570945629299727

<https://codata.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/data-management-300x194-1.png>This
Webinar is about why we need to embrace development and use of data
management plans (DMP) to guarantee production and supply of quality data.
The importance and value of a DMP are in its use as an instrument for the
following: capturing quality metadata and data; implementing data policies;
complying with funders and publishers requirements; preventing occurrence
of data disasters; enabling research collaboration; supporting
open science and citizen science; and enhancing research careers.

The webinar discusses key components of a comprehensive DMP and suggests
how to formulate a DMP. It discusses the link between metadata and data and
how it affects the quality of data, and its use and reuse in
the data ecosystem. The need to conduct a complexity analysis based on
CFTER factors along a proposed data value chain model shall be discussed.
The DMP issues that will be considered include: IT costs; storage and
backup; best practices; data licensing; data preservation; and
self-assessment instruments.

Prof Muliaro Wafula the presenter has contributed to the development of
Nature Masterclasses online course on Managing Research Data
https://masterclasses.nature.com/online-course-in-managing-data/18365540 that
could be of help to early career researchers.

Other examples of DMPs recommended and relevant to the webinar include:
https://library.stanford.edu/research/data-management-services/data-management-plans
, https://libraries.mit.edu/data-management/plan/write/

Name of the Speaker:Prof Muliaro Wafula
Designation: Associate Professor
Affiliation: Jomo kenyatta University of Agriculture and Technology, Kenya

Prof Joseph Muliaro Wafula holds a BSc. Science (Hons) (Kenyatta
University), MSc. Physics (University of Nairobi), M.Phil. Microelectronic
Engineering and Semiconductor Physics (University of Cambridge –UK), Summer
Doctoral Program (Berkman Centre for Internet & Society/Oxford Internet
Institute’s -Harvard University Law School), and
PhD Information Technology (JKUAT). He is certified by IBM as a Mobile
Application Developer, Cyber Security expert and Data Engineer.

Resend consultancies undertaken include: Review of the Global
Biodiversity Information Facility’s activities and accomplishments;
Development of an African Policy Framework and Policy Roadmap for
Open Science and Open Data’; Performing Skills Audit and development of
strategies to fill the gaps in Northern Corridor Integrated Project (NCIP)
Member States-Kenya, Rwanda, South Sudan, and Uganda.

A collaborator on Melinda and Gates Foundation award 2017 for developing a
Blockchain-based Vaccines Supply Chain Management Application. Recipient of
two IBM awards namely: the 2016 IBM Shared University Research Award
on Open Data Cloud Project for JKUAT for building an open data platform for
researchers in Africa, and the 2014 IBM MEA Award, for capacity building in
Mobile Application development. Won the Kenya Open Data Champion Award of
2016. Member of the Global Challenges Research Fund/ ESRC Strategic Network
on Digital Development: Leveraging Data Science and Digital Participatory
Practice for Development Impact (2017-2018) and a Co-convinor of a network
bringing together 29 participants (academics, NGOs and business partners)
from 13 countries to develop joint cutting-edge research agendas. Member of
Immunization Technical Working Group.

He is an elected Executive Member of CODATA International. He is a member
of the editorial board of the Data Science Journal.

He is a fellow of the Computer Society of Kenya and the Cambridge
Commonwealth Society and has published book chapters, a book
and research papers in peer reviewed international journals. Lead Author of
the African Open Science Policy Framework– A guide for African States on
Open Science Policies and Practices. He is an Associate Professor in the
Department of Computing at JKUAT.

Thanks,

Asha
Taiwo Ojo <ojot...@gmail.com>: Jan 12 10:00AM +0100

Thanks. It's appreciated

TA Ojo

On Tue, Jan 12, 2021 at 9:35 AM Felix Emeka Anyiam <
Ibukunoluwa Adedeji <ibukun....@gmail.com>: Jan 12 03:18PM +0100

Thanks so much for the invitation.

Regards,
*Ibukunoluwa Adedeji*

Mir Sakhawat Hossain <s.hos...@gmail.com>: Jan 12 07:37PM +0600

Dear Donald, Take esteem, I am very glad to hear from you. Could you please
share your field with me?

Sincerely yours
Mir Sakhawat Hossain

Dasapta Erwin Irawan <dasapt...@gmail.com>: Jan 11 11:26PM -0800

Hello Martin
Have you found somebody?
I am Indonesian but I am not working on the topic.
I can spread your email to my colleagues if it's ok with you.

Best,
Dasapta

On Monday, January 11, 2021 at 10:11:09 PM UTC+7 Martin Miranda wrote:

Martin Miranda <mtnmi...@gmail.com>: Jan 12 05:51PM +0800

Hi Dasapta,

I have already contacted someone, so no need to share it. Thank you though,
I appreciate it.

Regards,
Martin

Noong Mar, Ene 12, 2021 nang 3:26 PM, sinulat ni Dasapta Erwin Irawan <
Ephifania Geza <ephi...@gmail.com>: Jan 12 03:33AM +0200

Dear Dr Landson Thindwa

Please, which research are we talking about?

Kind regards

On Mon, Jan 11, 2021 at 5:10 PM 'landson thindwa' via AuthorAID <

--
Ephifania Geza
You have received this digest because you're subscribed to updates for this group. You can change your settings on the group membership page.

Angela Uloaku Nwankwere

Jan 14, 2021, 3:29:43 AM1/14/21
to auth...@googlegroups.com
Hello our esteemed AuthorAID Team!

Happy new year to you and to all who survived 2020.

I am Dr. Angela Uloaku Ngozi Nwankwere, an Applied Linguist.

Please, I have made this request before. But, I feel constrained to repeat it. I need to be in the Humanities group because most of the specific topics, etc., raised here sound alien to me. Even when I try to join, I am usually lost. Please, help me out because I learnt there is an AuthorAID/INASP group for the Social Sciences and Humanities.

Thanks in anticipation.

--
When posting, please include your name, institution/organisation
You can also start a new thread by emailing auth...@googlegroups.com