Nada ahmed

Apr 6, 2021, 2:56:40 AM4/6/21
to auth...@googlegroups.com
Dear Public Health Professionals

We are pleased to share this announcement the registration is still now open for EMPHNET COVID-19 Operational Research Symposium which will be held virtually via Zoom, on Wednesday, April 7 and Thursday, April 8, 2021 between 3 and 6 pm, Jordan Local Time

This symposium recognizes the research conducted by Field Epidemiology Training Programs (FETPs) as well as other public health professionals who contribute to their countries’ pandemic response efforts. It also creates an opportunity for dialogue that could enhance the COVID-19 operational research in the region.   The theme of the symposium is  “COVID-19 in the Eastern Mediterranean Region: Epidemiology, Impact, and Lessons Learned.” Within this theme, its sessions will offer an ideal space for FETP affiliates as well as public health professionals from the Eastern Mediterranean Region (EMR) to exchange knowledge acquired by research and experience.

The Symposium will be a valuable opportunity for knowledge sharing regarding COVID-19 response and actions. It also offers a platform for participants to share their achievements, research findings, methodology and any setbacks they encountered along the way.

Topics tackled during the Symposium include:

·         Epidemiology of COVID-19

·         COVID-19 surveillance and case tracing

·         Interventions at national and subnational levels

·         Work of Rapid Response Teams

·         Case studies on COVID-19

·         Success stories and lessons learned

·         Impact of COVID-19 on Non-communicable diseases

·         Impact of COVID-19 on other Communicable diseases including VPDs

·         Health promotion during COVID-19 pandemic

·         Impact of COVID-19 on primary healthcare services

You can read more about the symposium on http://symposium.emphnet.net/

 We look forward to having you join us., and we kindly ask you to share this announcement within your respective networks.

Best Regards

Center of Excellence for Applied Epidemiology

GHD|EMPHNET: Working together for better health

Tel.:     ‪+962 6 551 9962‬ | Fax: ‪+962 6 551 9963

Mob.:  ‪+962 79 5656605‬

Brochure 5.pdf