Call for stories of innovation: Extended Deadline 12th March

Alaka Bhatt

Mar 5, 2021, 4:43:49 AM3/5/21
to AuthorAID

If you’re a university educator in Ghana, Kenya or Nigeria, and you think you’ve got a story of digital innovation to share, please get in touch before 12th March.

INASP is looking for stories from teachers, lecturers, and professional staff in universities who are creating digital content to use in the classroom, whether that’s a physical or virtual space.

It might be videos you’re creating, audio recordings, images, or documents of any type. The key is that the content is digital, and that you’re working in a university in Ghana, Kenya or Nigeria.

Send INASP your story using this form.

The project is led by INASP, with colleagues based in Kumasi, Ghana, Nairobi, Kenya and Akure, Nigeria. It runs from February to April 2021.

While much has been written about the potential of and impact of ICTs on teaching and learning in African higher education, much less is known about how African academics are creating and developing their own learning content. The prevailing narrative suggests that African academics are largely consumers of digital learning content and tools produced by others but that they are not producers of their own.

Our hunch is that there is a lot of work underway across the continent, but much isn’t visible to the wider HE community. Our project is aiming to identify, document, and make visible the work that African academics and HE professionals are doing to create and use digital learning content. We then want to bring that to the attention of university educators and leaders across the continent, and to the global higher education community too.

So if you think you’ve got innovative practice to share, please get in touch using this form please get in touch before 12th March...