Dear all with warm greatings !

wondale getinet

Sep 23, 2020, 7:59:06 AM9/23/20
to AuthorAID
A directive for Academic Publishing and Promotion

Is there any standardized criterion to say a Predatory journal?  who is responsible to say a journal is predatory. For example in my country journals not indexed either web of science or Scopus is not acceptable for promotion.

Sergio Lozano

Sep 23, 2020, 10:20:44 AM9/23/20
to auth...@googlegroups.com
It would be a good idea to go to think-check-submit: https://thinkchecksubmit.org/
Also the article "How to choose the best journal for your case report" by Rison, et al. is interesting. Although it is for case reports it describes the problem of predatory journals. It is open access on Biomed central (PubMed)
Another is "Predatory journals: Authors and readers beware" by Vakil, available at: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/30765346/

Dr. Lozano

--
When posting, please include your name, institution/organisation
You can also start a new thread by emailing auth...@googlegroups.com

Sergio Lozano, MD, MWC
Writer, Editor, Spanish-English Translator
Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico
+521 811 102 9837

wondale getinet

Sep 25, 2020, 10:56:58 AM9/25/20
to auth...@googlegroups.com
Thank you all of you!

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "AuthorAID" group.
To view this discussion on the web, visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/authoraid/CAMRd4EJUXf8JJh96_CyseWqCezGifGF34R4H1r6poojXSqfPxg%40mail.gmail.com.

cassandr...@gmail.com

Nov 12, 2020, 4:28:34 AM11/12/20
to AuthorAID

Cabells designed to help researchers and academics match their manuscripts with the scholarly journals which are most likely to publish those manuscripts. Includes coverage of 5 major subject areas: business, education, psychology, computer science, and health. Below I have placed the links to their website on their criteria on predatory journals.  Hopes this helps.

Dr. Cassandra Baker