getting a Ph.D. or Doctorate degree in a year

flores...@gmail.com

Jan 19, 2021, 4:16:12 AM1/19/21
to AuthorAID
Is it possible to get a Ph.D. or Doctorate degree in a short period of time, say one year only? if so, what courses would that be and what universities offer such? Thanks.

Oyiza Unung

Jan 19, 2021, 6:30:33 AM1/19/21
to auth...@googlegroups.com
How can one get about getting the PhD in one year

--
When posting, please include your name, institution/organisation
You can also start a new thread by emailing auth...@googlegroups.com

Revocatus Kuluchumila

Jan 19, 2021, 6:30:42 AM1/19/21
to auth...@googlegroups.com
Mh...a PhD for just one year, I do not think so. Be careful with predators!
Revocatus
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Revocatus  C. Kuluchumila
B.com/PGDE/MEd
Tanzania Educational Leadership and Research Centre
Award: Ford Foundation International Fellowship Program
Membership: BELMAS/ MMIRA/AFAM Academy of Management
Profession: Educator,  Independent Researcher, writer & Consultant
WhatsApp: 00255 767 681 404
Skype: rckuluchumila2011

On Tue, Jan 19, 2021 at 12:16 PM flores...@gmail.com <flores...@gmail.com> wrote:
Is it possible to get a Ph.D. or Doctorate degree in a short period of time, say one year only? if so, what courses would that be and what universities offer such? Thanks.

Olufemi Martins Adesope

Jan 19, 2021, 6:38:15 AM1/19/21
to auth...@googlegroups.com
Please don't even imagine it. Go for the right thing. That's not ideal please

On Tue, Jan 19, 2021, 10:16 AM flores...@gmail.com <flores...@gmail.com> wrote:
Is it possible to get a Ph.D. or Doctorate degree in a short period of time, say one year only? if so, what courses would that be and what universities offer such? Thanks.

Oyiza Unung

Jan 20, 2021, 9:49:58 AM1/20/21
to auth...@googlegroups.com

Amos AKINOLA

Jan 21, 2021, 9:32:24 AM1/21/21
to auth...@googlegroups.com
It is possible if it is based on already published articles.

Revocatus Kuluchumila

Jan 21, 2021, 12:01:44 PM1/21/21
to auth...@googlegroups.com
I don't think so, earlier publication is not the criteria for earning a PhD in just a year. Normally tje the minimum number of years for a PhD is three years. Publications can assist someone to secure a supervisor, then you start developing a proposal, if you are lucky a proposal can take you a year sometimes more than a year just on proposal. Thereafter you go for data collection, come back for data analysis and many of things related to that, and soon and so forth. I remember one very bright guy did a PhD for two years and a half, but I saying a vey bright student. Many use 5 to 7 years to become PhD holders . Please let you set ahead a number of years if you need a PhD otherwise  you will be conned.

Gilbert N Chofong

Jan 22, 2021, 12:46:45 PM1/22/21
to AuthorAID
It is not just about obtaining a Ph.D. The goal is to go through the training of critical thinking and being able to seek solutions to complicated questions practically. This link might be of help to you https://teach.com/online-ed/education-degrees/edd-vs-phd/