Some requested references

Bryan Bishop

Aug 14, 2016, 12:29:17 AM8/14/16
to Michael Wittig, lu.sichu12345, scavengerq, Bryan Bishop, austin-l...@googlegroups.com
Had fun meeting everyone, thanks. I promised a few folks that I would send some references on some topics, so here they are. Most of the following are in regards to using DNA sequencing for high-resolution brain connectivity mapping. If there is anything else that I am forgetting, please let me know.

High-throughput mapping of single neuron projections by sequencing of barcoded RNA
http://biorxiv.org/content/early/2016/05/20/054312

Cell lineage tracing using nuclease barcoding

recent-ish:
Rosetta brains: A strategy for molecularly-annotated connectomics

older:
On optical detection of densely labeled synapses in neuropil and mapping connectivity with combinatorially multiplexed fluorescent synaptic markers

Reconstruction of complete connectivity matrix for connectomics by sampling neural connectivity with fluorescent synaptic markers

only slightly related:

Continuous genetic recording with self-targeting CRISPR-Cas in human cells

Regarding ribosome display:

In vitro selection of fluorescent signaling peptide aptamers using ribosome display

Regarding "why not use a 'useful' proof-of-work function":
http://diyhpl.us/~bryan/papers2/bitcoin/asic-faq.pdf (particularly page 6 but also others)

Regarding speech recognition:

Regarding probabilistically checkable proofs:

historical

Combinatorial PCPs with short proofs

Computational integrity with a public random string from quasi-linear PCPs

Quasi-linear size zero knowledge from linear-algebraic PCPs

Regarding merkle trees: