Savage Swords, the Jan/Feb Hideout Mainstage, is having auditions this Sunday

Roy Janik

Nov 3, 2015, 5:22:53 AM11/3/15
to austin-improv-...@googlegroups.com
Sign up now to audition for the January/February Hideout mainstage SAVAGE SWORDS! (Directed by Marc Majcher, assistant directed by Ryan Hill.)

The audition will be Sunday, November 8th, from 4-7pm.

Shows will be Saturdays at 8pm in January and February with possible additional shows based on cast availability.

Rehearsals will be every Wednesday evening in November and December with the potential of additional rehearsals as needed (also according to cast availability).

DESCRIPTION

SAVAGE SWORDS! is a swords and sorcery adventure narrative set in Conan the Barbarian's Hyborian age "sometime after the sinking of Atlantis and the dawn of recorded history" as created by pulp writer Robert E. Howard and popularized by Conan comics and films. The show will be lusty, bold and adventurous with the tone shifting between grim and jovial.

What we are looking for:

1. The ability to play big, archetypal characters seriously.

2. The ability to narrate inside the story and outside the story, as well as transitioning from narration to being inside a scene. The stories will be framed by a narrator who also be a character in the story. We can't make sets and creatures on the fly, so we will describe them.

3. The ability to play physically. The heroes of the world of SAVAGE SWORDS! men and women of action. We're looking for physical presence and skill at movement. There will be stage combat.

We are looking to cast 12 performers, probably half men and half women.

Thanks for your interest!