Over the Lege - CASTING CALL

Austin Improv Auditions List

Jul 19, 2016, 12:22:50 PM7/19/16
to Austin Improv Auditions List
Please fill out this form if you're interested in being cast in Over the Lege. We're looking for creative, energetic, mindful players who are interested in exposing the shenanigans of the Texas Legislature through comedy and satire. If you have any questions, please e-mail chiarello...@gmail.com or call me at 512-745-6245.

What we are looking for and trying to do

Over the Lege is looking for you! If you're creative and energetic; want to sing, dance, act and improvise; want to be involved in a comedy variety show whose mission is to expose the shenanigans of the Texas Legislature and move an audience to become more engaged at the local (state) level.

We are looking for a small number of performers to be our house troupe. You'd perform in various sketches, improv games, singing/dancing numbers, etc. You'd be joined on stage by members of the writing team.

It's high-paced, topical, and has about 1,828 moving parts. Think John Oliver meets Colbert Report meets SNL meets Solid Gold meets The State meets Sesame Street meets Buffy the Vampire Slayer (because we'll be so witty and hot).

Each of the eight shows will be significantly different from one another. We've got four themes for the weekends: Women's Health, Immigration, Guns, and FREEDOM!.

If you've got a passion for any of these topics, or personal experiences with them that motivates you to help educate the public through comedy, we encourage you to submit for audition.

We'll have a celebrity guest each night - so far we've got Senator Kirk Watson, Senator Wendy Davis, Representative-elect Gina Hinojosa, Executive Director of Texas Freedom Network Kathy Miller, and Texas Democratic Party's Legislative Affair's Director Glen Maxey.

Who: Improvisers/actors/stand-up comedians

What: Be house troupe for show performing improv games, sketches, singing, dancing
When: Shows: Fridays and Saturdays, 8 pm, September 9th through October 1st, plus intensive rehearsal schedule starting July 27th
Where: The Institution Theater
How: Fill out this form by July 19th.
Rehearsals start July 27th. They repeat Wednesdays and Sundays through the run of the show. Additional rehearsals as necessary.