9/18 (3:30pm - 7pm) Auditions for The Untitled Avant-Garde Theater Project with a Really Long Title

Jon Bolden

Sep 6, 2016, 7:47:49 PM9/6/16
to Austin Improv Auditions List
The Untitled Avant-Garde Theater Project With a Really Long Title

In 2016 The Hideout Theatre will be putting on its third full year of Student Mainstage Productions. These shows will be performed by current or past Hideout students. Rehearsals will be weekly for the two months leading up to the run. The run will last four weeks.

The sixth production for 2016 is The Untitled Avant-Garde Theater Project With a Really Long Title, directed by Jon Bolden. Assistant Director Jessica von Schramm.

** ABOUT THE SHOW

The Untitled Avant-Garde Theater Project with a Really Long Title will be an irreverently improvised homage to avant-garde theater projects. Lovingly satirizing “pretentious” performances, we’ll experience all their wonderful tropes: music, movement, poetry, impromptu costuming / props, silence, lighting etc… As the abstract drama unfolds, a world develops, and suddenly we find ourselves immersed in a rich story, full of possibilities and creative flights of fancy. As the characters develop and find meaning in the chaos, the truth of the story emerges to leave us wondering: Maybe there’s potential for art in anything!

Directed by: Jon Bolden

Assistant Director: Jessica von Schramm

** AUDITION DETAILS

Date: Sunday 9/18 – 3:30-7pm
30 Min Time Slots per audition group (6 groups total).

Please wear pants (not shorts). We’ll be doing a lot of movement so wear things you can easily move around in (shoes). Plain, basic clothing will work just fine, no need to dress up!

We will not be expecting you to fully understand what the style or tone of the show is, so no worries about nailing that. Relax and have fun!

Come early, say hi to your time slot and get to know them for a second. You’ll have more fun playing together!

We’ll be looking for a strong sense of play, theatricality (stage presence), commitment, flexibility, the ability to portray emotion, etc…

** REQUIRED REHEARSAL DATES

There will also be a few extra ensemble building hangout sessions that we expect you to try your best and make! Be prepared about that extra commitment.

Required Rehearsals Dates
Sundays 4-7pm
October 2,9,16,23, 30
Nov. 6,13,20,27
Dec 4, 11

Ensemble Building Hangout Dates
Sunday 7pm - 9/10pm
October 9,16 or 23 (TBD)
Nov 6 or13  (TBD)

** REQUIRED PERFORMANCES

There four performances are Saturdays at 6pm in Nov 26th & Dec 3,10,17 with a dressed call time of 5pm or (4:30pm for the first performance only).

We kindly ask that if you intend to miss more than two rehearsals (especially before the opening) or ANY of the performances, that you not audition. Each cast member will be in every show so it’s absolutely vital that you are available for all performances.