Hardish Bodies at The Institution Theater, Auditions this Sunday!

Jayme Ramsay

Nov 25, 2015, 6:16:21 PM11/25/15
to Austin Improv Auditions List

Hardish Bodies, directed by Mike Carreon and Jayme Ramsay

MEN - Do you break into a sensual dance while doing everyday activities? Do ladies throw dollar bills in the air while in your presence? Have you lathered up your friends with oil…just because? THEN WE HAVE A SHOW FOR YOU!!!

LADIES - Did you attend the ROWDY showing of Magic Mike XXL? Have you ever talked to a man and wish he would open up every one and a while? Do you want to be treated like the queens you are in front of a packed house? THEN WE HAVE A SHOW FOR YOU!!!

Hard-ish Bodies is an improvised male stripping show that aims to bring to light male vulnerability and male body image issues in a funny way - think Hurly Burly meets Magic Mike. Each episode will have a featured performer that we will follow through a personal journey. Whether it’s getting the gang back together, going on a cross-country road trip, or raising money to save the town, the men of Hard-ish Bodies will find a way to get the job done. Because in a world where men are supposed to be unshakable, these men do more than shake.

While this is a stripping show, NO ONE will be going Full Monty. We understand that everyone has their own personal boundaries and limitations and we’ll encourage you to keep those in mind for this show.

For the auditions, come prepared to do some movement exercises along with some improv. Most importantly, come prepared to have fun with a bunch of goobers doing something we all love.

Show Dates: March 18th & 25th; April 1st, 8th, 15th, & 22nd. Friday nights at 10pm

Rehearsal Dates: Twice a week in January and February. December will be a time for bonding with each other and connecting to the work ahead. Sunday afternoons from 4-6pm at TIT for improv and Tuesday evenings from 7-9pm at Rockingham (Jayme’s place) for movement.

If you have any questions, please contact Mike Carreon at he...@mikecarreon.com or Jayme Ramsay at jayme....@gmail.com

We look forward to see you there!