Auditions for Control Issues!

Peter Rogers

Sep 29, 2015, 8:26:12 PM9/29/15
to Austin Improv Auditions List
Executive Summary:
On October 11th from 7pm to 10pm, the Hideout is holding auditions for Control Issues, their monthly choose-your-own-adventure show. To apply for an audition slot, submit the form at http://tinyurl.com/control-issues-audition by October 7th.

Longer Version:
Control Issues (http://wiki.austinimprov.com/wiki/Control_Issues) is the Hideout's monthly choose-your-own-adventure show. Each performance includes two narrated stories. In each story, the narrator periodically goes to the audience to determine what the hero should do next. The show aims for the over-the-top characters, high-stakes scenarios, and dogged determination of the original book series, and explores different genres from month to month. You can watch a sample show here: http://vimeo.com/111917170.

For the last year or so, the show has had a "core cast" of improvisors who rehearse and perform the show every month. With these auditions, we're looking to add 6-8 new members to the core cast, as well as look for folks who might be up for joining us as one-off guest performers.

We'll be looking for a mix of experienced and newer improvisors. Moving forward, we want Control Issues to serve an educational role, giving experienced improvisors a chance to hone their skills at improv narration, while newer improvisors can practice genre/narrative work with that narration serving as 'training wheels', guiding them through solid improvised storytelling.

For a core cast member, your commitment would be one performance on the third Friday of every month (7:30pm show, 6:45pm call), and one rehearsal every month, most likely on the previous Sunday. Auditions will happen in small groups in twenty-minute slots, and consist mostly of directed and narrated scenework. To apply for an audition slot, fill out the audition form at http://tinyurl.com/control-issues-audition by Wednesday, October 7th.