Yet another Chilean mine collapse - but this time in New Zealand.

Coach

Nov 18, 2010, 11:57:50 PM11/18/10
Remember you heard it here first.

Jeremiah Bullfrog

Nov 18, 2010, 11:59:10 PM11/18/10
On Nov 19, 3:57 pm, Coach <suv...@yahoo.fr> wrote:
> Remember you heard it here first.

They must have dug it VERY deep (and at an angle) for it to reach New
Zealand, Shirley?

Coach

Nov 19, 2010, 12:06:39 AM11/19/10

Er, I was meaning "Chilean" - as in, the thought of another collapse
sends me cold. Please learn how to read.

Jeremiah Bullfrog

Nov 19, 2010, 12:09:12 AM11/19/10

Your backpedals are getting worserer and worserest.

Coach

Nov 19, 2010, 12:12:38 AM11/19/10

How can the fact that YOU failed in interperate a simple post mean
that I am backpedalling?

David8

Nov 19, 2010, 2:36:11 AM11/19/10

"Coach" <suv...@yahoo.fr> wrote in message

> Remember you heard it here first.

How did a Chilean Mine get to be in New Zealand? And if it is "yet another"
collapse here was the other Chilean Mine in New Zealand?

Brad

Nov 19, 2010, 2:41:12 AM11/19/10
On Nov 19, 3:57 pm, Coach <suv...@yahoo.fr> wrote:
> Remember you heard it here first.

No, I didn't. I heard on the ABC Radio News first, I *read* it here
second.

Jeremiah Bullfrog

Nov 19, 2010, 5:08:10 AM11/19/10
On Nov 19, 4:12 pm, Coach <suv...@yahoo.fr> wrote:

> How can the fact that YOU failed in interperate a simple post mean
> that I am backpedalling?

It really just means you're being your usual smart-arse / fuckwit self.

Starbuck

Nov 19, 2010, 5:32:20 AM11/19/10
no i didnt hear it here first,i heard it on the news first.

Starbuck

Nov 19, 2010, 5:32:54 AM11/19/10
and your a day late this was on the news yesterday

Coach

Nov 19, 2010, 6:00:43 AM11/19/10

I said it was another mine collapse, but THIS TIME it is in New
Zealand - hence suggesting the other one was NOT in New Zealand.
Isn't english your first language?

Coach

Nov 19, 2010, 6:01:27 AM11/19/10

That's because you obviously weren't reading aus.tv until some time
after I made the post. The ABC were very slow to report it.

Coach

Nov 19, 2010, 6:02:13 AM11/19/10
On Nov 19, 8:32 pm, "Starbuck" <echobaseNOSPA...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> no i didnt hear it here first,i heard it on the news first.

I'm not surprised seeing that you are now replying to my post more
than 5 hours AFTER I broke the story.

Coach

Nov 19, 2010, 6:02:56 AM11/19/10
On Nov 19, 8:32 pm, "Starbuck" <echobaseNOSPA...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> and your a day late this was on the news yesterday

Considering it happened just before 4pm EADST today, I find that
impossible to believe. There goes your credibility.

David8

Nov 19, 2010, 6:28:49 AM11/19/10

"Coach" <suv...@yahoo.fr> wrote in message

----------

Your exact words were: "Yet another Chilean mine collapse - but this time in
New Zealand".

That clearly suggest that there is a Chilean mine in New Zealand.

What I am asking is how it got there, and if it was "another" where was the
first?

Perhaps the problem is with your expression.

Coach

Nov 19, 2010, 6:50:59 AM11/19/10
On Nov 19, 9:28 pm, "David8" <dav...@y7mail.com> wrote:
> "Coach" <suv...@yahoo.fr> wrote in message

> On Nov 19, 5:36 pm, "David8" <dav...@y7mail.com> wrote:
>
> > "Coach" <suv...@yahoo.fr> wrote in message

> > > Remember you heard it here first.
>
> > How did a Chilean Mine get to be in New Zealand? And if it is "yet
> > another"
> > collapse here was the other Chilean Mine in New Zealand?
>
> I said it was another mine collapse, but THIS TIME it is in New
> Zealand - hence suggesting the other one was NOT in New Zealand.
> Isn't english your first language?
>
> ----------
>
> Your exact words were: "Yet another Chilean mine collapse - but this time in
> New Zealand".
>
> That clearly suggest that there is a Chilean mine in New Zealand.
>
> What I am asking is how it got there, and if it was "another" where was the
> first?
>
> Perhaps the problem is with your expression.

No, the problem is with your comprehension. As I've already
explained, the word "Chilean" means my heart went cold when I heard
the news. I hope that both helps AND informs.

David8

Nov 19, 2010, 7:03:17 AM11/19/10

"Coach" <suv...@yahoo.fr> wrote in message

----------

You have a heart? Whose is/was it?

BTW, I comprehended exactly what you had expressed.

Coach

Nov 19, 2010, 7:15:03 AM11/19/10

So in other words, you are admitting that you got hook, line and
sinkered?

David8

Nov 19, 2010, 7:20:07 AM11/19/10

"Coach" <suv...@yahoo.fr> wrote in message

----------

There is a fine line between fishing and standing still. You ain't goin'
nowhere.

Coach

Nov 19, 2010, 7:42:02 AM11/19/10

Especially since my computer is a desk top and not a laptop, and I'm
on dial up. It's a bit hard to go anywhere.

David8

Nov 19, 2010, 8:05:18 AM11/19/10

"Coach" <suv...@yahoo.fr> wrote in message

----------

Have you heard of extension cords?

Coach

Nov 19, 2010, 8:13:50 AM11/19/10

Have you heard of destop computers? They are not the most portable of
devices - especially the old ones.

David8

Nov 19, 2010, 8:22:19 AM11/19/10

"Coach" <suv...@yahoo.fr> wrote in message

----------

As I recall the Commodore 64 wasn't that big. With a wireless modem and a
well trained mouse in an exercise wheel for a power supply it would rival
any laptop.

Coach

Nov 19, 2010, 8:25:12 AM11/19/10

Now I'm starting to think you're just trying to be silly.

David8

Nov 19, 2010, 8:42:37 AM11/19/10

"Coach" <suv...@yahoo.fr> wrote in message

----------

It's one of those "hook, line and sinker" moments. Now I see why you get so
much personal satisfaction from them :)

Coach

Nov 19, 2010, 9:20:37 AM11/19/10

See, I knew you were trying to be silly. The idea of a mouse using a
exercise wheel to generate electricity gave it away. The wheel would
have to be attached to a generator for that to work, and then it
wouldn't be portable or reliable.

David8

Nov 19, 2010, 9:26:06 AM11/19/10

"Coach" <suv...@yahoo.fr> wrote in message

----------

You could use a solar battery or generate power from your bicycle.

Coach

Nov 19, 2010, 5:56:04 PM11/19/10

What's a solar battery?

David8

Nov 19, 2010, 7:01:23 PM11/19/10

"Coach" <suv...@yahoo.fr> wrote in message

----------

Google it.

Essentially it's a gizmo you hold out in the sun trying to convert sunlight
into electricity - apparently.

Kelpie

Nov 19, 2010, 7:28:09 PM11/19/10

"Coach" <suv...@yahoo.fr> wrote in message
> Remember you heard it here first.

What ever happened to Richard Carlton?

Coach

Nov 19, 2010, 7:35:06 PM11/19/10

I think you'll find that is a solar panel, not a solar battery. The
panel creates the electricity which is then stored in the battery. I

David8

Nov 19, 2010, 7:45:40 PM11/19/10

"Coach" <suv...@yahoo.fr> wrote in message

----------

It's a power supply, isn't it? Maybe I was thinking of a suppository you
could insert into an orifice to make it appear as if the sun shines from it.

Besides, my statement to use a solar battery was not incorrect. A solar
panel would be quite useless by itself.

Coach

Nov 19, 2010, 8:25:27 PM11/19/10

Not if it is a regulated panel. You can use a regulated panel without
a battery to supply 13.8 volts directly to appliances. And if you
supplied that to an inverter, you could power a tv, computer or any
electrical appliance up until about 750watts whenever there is
sunlight. You really don't know much about camping do you?

David8

Nov 19, 2010, 8:31:09 PM11/19/10

"Coach" <suv...@yahoo.fr> wrote in message

----------

No, I'm not camp. However I fail to see how you reached your conclusion
based on a simple power source for your Commodore 64.

Coach

Nov 19, 2010, 8:59:07 PM11/19/10

I don't have a commodore 64. I USED to own a commodore 128, but that
was many years ago.

Brad

Nov 19, 2010, 9:04:59 PM11/19/10

A regulated panel is a solar panel with a regulator. If you find it
acceptable to combine the two components into one device and the one
name, then it is also acceptable to combine a solar panel and a
battery into the one device and call it a solar battery.

http://store.apple.com/au/product/H2599ZM/A
.

Coach

Nov 19, 2010, 9:22:18 PM11/19/10

So by your logic, if your car has a flat battery and won't start, and
you connect a solar panel to the battery to charge the battery, it's
acceptable to call it a solar car? You really didn't think that one
through did ya Brad? .

David8

Nov 19, 2010, 10:43:45 PM11/19/10

"Coach" <suv...@yahoo.fr> wrote in message

----------

Logic is an organised way of going wrong with confidence.

As usual you have changed the parameters of this discussion to suit your own
argument. That does not follow the requistes for debating. Fail. Or to put
it in a way that you can understand, "Strike One".

Coach

Nov 19, 2010, 10:45:59 PM11/19/10

Isn't that how this works?

David8

Nov 19, 2010, 10:59:42 PM11/19/10

"Coach" <suv...@yahoo.fr> wrote in message

----------

Perhaps in your head, but it's not good etiquette. It's something that was
started by a former poster TG'sFM (This Group's Founding Member) who
believed that anything goes.

Now play nice.

Coach

Nov 19, 2010, 11:44:12 PM11/19/10

Shirley if the groups founding member made that rule, we should all
respect that..

David8

Nov 19, 2010, 11:49:34 PM11/19/10

"Coach" <suv...@yahoo.fr> wrote in message

----------

Don't call me Shirley.

Respect direspect? Pfft.

Brad

Nov 19, 2010, 11:54:11 PM11/19/10

Brad

Nov 19, 2010, 11:56:31 PM11/19/10

If you are happy to call a purpose-built panel/regulator combination a
'regulated panel' then I am happy to call a purpose-built solar panel/
battery/car a 'solar car'.

Coach

Nov 20, 2010, 12:37:58 AM11/20/10

OK, so it's clear then. You lost that debate. Nobody in their right
mind would call a normal combustion engined car a "solar car" just
because you once charged the battery with a solar panel.

David8

Nov 20, 2010, 3:20:45 AM11/20/10

"Coach" <suv...@yahoo.fr> wrote in message

There you go again. as usual changing the parameters of this discussion to
suit your own argument. The discussion mentioned a car and you assumed
(incorrectly) that it was a combustion car. It could have been a toy car
which often runs on batteries. "Strike Two".

If you get more strikes you'll look like a Zebra :)