Fuck

Ketlar

Sep 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/19/99
Do all the commercial stations let the word Fuck go uncensored in their prime
time movies now?

odo

Sep 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/19/99
Jim KAIAS <ka...@alphalink.com.au> wrote in message
> It does seem that the F word is gaining more acceptance on mainstream TV
> these days, occasionally with the 'M' and more frequently with 'MA' rating.
> However, the C word is still generally taboo, even in neo-risque shows such
> as 'Sex and the City' and 'Rude Awakening'.

I only know of two occasions when the C word has gone to air. Once on the ABC
and once on SBS (not counting in subtitles). The former was a musical using it
as a noun (and not at all vulgar I might add), the latter an Australian movie.

- odo

ange

Sep 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/19/99

Jim KAIAS wrote in message <37e5...@news.alphalink.com.au>...

>Ketlar <ket...@aol.com> wrote in message

>> Do all the commercial stations let the word Fuck go uncensored in their
>prime
>> time movies now?
>>

>It does seem that the F word is gaining more acceptance on mainstream TV
>these days, occasionally with the 'M' and more frequently with 'MA' rating.
>However, the C word is still generally taboo

Something I've always found very funny is the fact that in the song blubber
boy Regurgitator clearly say the word cunt. (rub me on your cunt i'll come
back again), yet i've heard it on commercial stations, seen it aired on GZ,
recovery, etc.

ange

Jim KAIAS

Sep 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/20/99

Ketlar <ket...@aol.com> wrote in message
> Do all the commercial stations let the word Fuck go uncensored in their
prime
> time movies now?

It does seem that the F word is gaining more acceptance on mainstream TV
these days, occasionally with the 'M' and more frequently with 'MA' rating.

However, the C word is still generally taboo, even in neo-risque shows such
as 'Sex and the City' and 'Rude Awakening'.

However, you will find that any show containing the F word will warn of
'coarse language' before the start of the program.

Wollongong Quokka

Sep 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/20/99
Ketlar <ket...@aol.com> wrote in message
> Do all the commercial stations let the word Fuck go uncensored in their
prime
> time movies now?

It seems to help a lot if it has been used as a verb.

--
Robs the Sydney Wollongong Quokka
http://www.zipworld.com.au/~quokka/

Hoju

Sep 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/20/99
odo <NodoO...@Siinet.Pnet.AauM> wrote in message

> Jim KAIAS <ka...@alphalink.com.au> wrote in message
> > It does seem that the F word is gaining more acceptance on mainstream TV
> > these days, occasionally with the 'M' and more frequently with 'MA'
rating.
> > However, the C word is still generally taboo, even in neo-risque shows
such
> > as 'Sex and the City' and 'Rude Awakening'.
>
> I only know of two occasions when the C word has gone to air. Once on the
ABC
> and once on SBS (not counting in subtitles). The former was a musical
using it
> as a noun (and not at all vulgar I might add), the latter an Australian
movie.

i recall a midday show with ray martin segment where he had a lawyer on the
show... the lawyer was relating his most unusual experience... and it had to
do with a cockatoo being used as evidence because it talked a lot... the
lawyer said the cockatoo used colourful language ... and ray said it would
be okay to say it...

the lawyer used the c word... ray was not at all ammused...

anyone else remember this segment?

ho'JU

--

nob...@ozemail.com.au

http://www.ozemail.com.au/~nobrain/index.htm

GENESIS 1:22

Jim KAIAS

Sep 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/20/99

ange <gumb...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> Something I've always found very funny is the fact that in the song
blubber
> boy Regurgitator clearly say the word cunt. (rub me on your cunt i'll come
> back again), yet i've heard it on commercial stations, seen it aired on
GZ,
> recovery, etc.

Maybe the execs didn't realise. Korn's 'Freak on A Leash' has 'fuck' in it
and is still used in everything from Sports Tonight to E! News... the vowel
sound in it is just deleted/softened beyond recognition. The same for the
'f' word in Blink 182's Dammit, which has been used in Dawson's Creek.

One regurgitator song I've never seen on mainstream TV, is "I Sucked A Lot
Of Cock To Get Where I Am." The Herald Sun even referred to it plainly as
"...To Get Where I Am", to avoid controversy.

Steve Ulrich

Sep 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/20/99
Ive noticed after 2100 it appears more often in movies...

AJ

Sep 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/20/99

odo wrote:

> I only know of two occasions when the C word has gone to air. Once on the ABC
> and once on SBS (not counting in subtitles). The former was a musical using it
> as a noun (and not at all vulgar I might add), the latter an Australian movie.

The recently aired three-part advertising special on SBS "The Art of
Separating People From Their Money" (or similar). During the intro with
Dennis Hopper they played a portion of a "Derek and Clive" sketch which
made very liberal use of said word...

AJ
--
ICQ: 6223100

Robert Whyte

Sep 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/20/99
On Sun, 19 Sep 1999 23:15:54 +0800, "odo"
<NodoO...@Siinet.Pnet.AauM> wrote:

> Jim KAIAS <ka...@alphalink.com.au> wrote in message

>> It does seem that the F word is gaining more acceptance on mainstream TV
>> these days, occasionally with the 'M' and more frequently with 'MA' rating.
>> However, the C word is still generally taboo, even in neo-risque shows such
>> as 'Sex and the City' and 'Rude Awakening'.

> I only know of two occasions when the C word has gone to air. Once on the ABC

> and once on SBS (not counting in subtitles). The former was a musical using it
> as a noun (and not at all vulgar I might add), the latter an Australian movie.

Also in the "Shock" episode of The Fine Art of Separating People From
Their Money on SBS a couple of weeks ago, they played a 90-second
segment from a Dudley Moore/Peter Cook sketch to show how repetition
decreases our shock at swearing. The segment was basically the two of
them repeating the phrase "you f**king c**t" over and over again.

Robert Whyte

peeby

Sep 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/20/99
Robert Whyte <5d...@ucaqld.com.au> wrote:

"Don't call me a f**king c**t, you f**king f**king c**t!"

--
peeby

Mitch Gibbs

Sep 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/20/99
Jim KAIAS wrote:

> Ketlar <ket...@aol.com> wrote in message
> > Do all the commercial stations let the word Fuck go uncensored in their
> prime
> > time movies now?
> >

> It does seem that the F word is gaining more acceptance on mainstream TV
> these days, occasionally with the 'M' and more frequently with 'MA' rating.
> However, the C word is still generally taboo, even in neo-risque shows such
> as 'Sex and the City' and 'Rude Awakening'.
>
> However, you will find that any show containing the F word will warn of
> 'coarse language' before the start of the program.

I heard from someone that works at our local Ch9 subsidiary that the "c"
word will be uttered soon on Sex and the City.

Mitch

Jason Hutchens

Sep 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/20/99
On Mon, 20 Sep 1999, Steve Ulrich wrote:

>Ive noticed after 2100 it appears more often in movies...

Cool! What's it like in 2100?

+=-- -- =-- =-== === --= ---- === =- - --- = -=-- =-== = ---- -- =- =-= +
| Mr Jason Lloyd Hutchens, PhD Student and Procrastinator Extraordinaire |
| TMBG/IF/MAME/MB/BEOS/PSX/AMIGA/MIDI Me/Research/Spy/MegaHAL/Humour/More |
+-mailto:hu...@ciips.ee.uwa.edu.au -697- http://ciips.ee.uwa.edu.au/~hutch-+
| Unsolicited email advertising is treated with the contempt it deserves |
+=-== === --= -====- =-- =--- - - =- -=-- -- ==- ---- = - =- - =-- --==--+

David Meadows

Sep 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/20/99
peeby wrote:

> Robert Whyte <5d...@ucaqld.com.au> wrote:
>
> > On Sun, 19 Sep 1999 23:15:54 +0800, "odo"
> > <NodoO...@Siinet.Pnet.AauM> wrote:
> >
> > > Jim KAIAS <ka...@alphalink.com.au> wrote in message

> > > I only know of two occasions when the C word has gone to air. Once on the
> > > ABC and once on SBS (not counting in subtitles). The former was a musical
> > > using it as a noun (and not at all vulgar I might add), the latter an
> > > Australian movie.
> >
> > Also in the "Shock" episode of The Fine Art of Separating People From
> > Their Money on SBS a couple of weeks ago, they played a 90-second
> > segment from a Dudley Moore/Peter Cook sketch to show how repetition
> > decreases our shock at swearing. The segment was basically the two of
> > them repeating the phrase "you f**king c**t" over and over again.
>
> "Don't call me a f**king c**t, you f**king f**king c**t!"

You f**king c**t! Who are you calling a c**t, you f**king c**t?!

Classic comedy moment.

To add my two cents, I heard Whoopi Goldberg utter 'cunt' near the end
of "Boys on the Side" - on Channel Ten, as I recall.

D.M.

Kade Hansson

Sep 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/20/99
Jim KAIAS wrote:

> Ketlar <ket...@aol.com> wrote in message
> > Do all the commercial stations let the word Fuck go uncensored in their
> > prime time movies now?

> However, you will find that any show containing the F word will warn of

> 'coarse language' before the start of the program.

Unless it's live. Yesterday's Queensland 500 had a section where the
commentators say of a pit discussion 'let's listen to what they are
saying'... What follows is a fucking lot of "fucks" for an afternoon
slot. They didn't even bother cutting to something else. I guess they
think Brian Harradine doesn't watch the V8 Supercars.

Speaking of the Queensland 500- the sound sucked. Ten ought to be shot-
for that and their commentators. At least Barry was away.

Archer

End.

Hoju

Sep 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/20/99
Jason Hutchens <hu...@ee.uwa.edu.au> wrote in message

> On Mon, 20 Sep 1999, Steve Ulrich wrote:
>
> >Ive noticed after 2100 it appears more often in movies...
>
> Cool! What's it like in 2100?

*visions of little green men with giant craniums singing "meet george
jetson"*... oh my... too funny... well picked up...

Evan Davis

Sep 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/20/99
Of course you can only be offended if you know what the words actually mean.

--

Evan Davis
Palm Beach QLD

Mobile Phone: +61 414 336937
Home Phone: +61 7 55359206
email: edth...@ozemail.com.au
Website: http://www.ozemail.com.au/~edthesok/ed
ICQ: 3598704

Veni, Vidi, Velcro: I came, I saw, I stuck around
Wollongong Quokka <quo...@zip.net.au> wrote in message

> Ketlar <ket...@aol.com> wrote in message
> > Do all the commercial stations let the word Fuck go uncensored in their
> prime
> > time movies now?

peeby

Sep 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/20/99
Mitch Gibbs <mgi...@mail.newcastle.edu.au> wrote:

> I heard from someone that works at our local Ch9 subsidiary that the "c"
> word will be uttered soon on Sex and the City.

They were actually promoting next weeks ep as such tonight. "The word
you thought you'd never hear" or some such.

BTW, SATC (not Shell Australian Touring Cars!!) had quite a lot of the F
word on tonight and an awful lot of "up the butt" talk!! Goodness, those
Americans are getting risque!

--
peeby

odo

Sep 21, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/21/99
Robert Whyte <5d...@ucaqld.com.au> wrote in message

> On Sun, 19 Sep 1999 23:15:54 +0800, "odo"
> <NodoO...@Siinet.Pnet.AauM> wrote:
> > I only know of two occasions when the C word has gone to air. Once on the
ABC
> > and once on SBS (not counting in subtitles). The former was a musical using
it
> > as a noun (and not at all vulgar I might add), the latter an Australian
movie.

> Also in the "Shock" episode of The Fine Art of Separating People From
> Their Money on SBS a couple of weeks ago, they played a 90-second
> segment from a Dudley Moore/Peter Cook sketch to show how repetition
> decreases our shock at swearing. The segment was basically the two of
> them repeating the phrase "you f**king c**t" over and over again.

Quite so, I'd forgotten that - I had watched that, and even recognised it the
extract as from the release of Derek & Clive on CD (which incidentally was
on/off shelves over here as it was banned/unbanned a few times).

No-one asked/guessed what mine were so:
- one was Pack of Women, where Tracy Harvey did the honours in a song;
- the other was in the movie My First Wife.

- odo

Damien

Sep 21, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/21/99
Cunt hey!