Titan 0.9.0-M1 Release

Dan LaRocque

Dec 5, 2014, 4:40:06 AM12/5/14
to aureliu...@googlegroups.com
Ladies and Gentlemen,

Aurelius is pleased to release Titan 0.9.0-M1. 0.9.0-M1 is an
experimental release intended for development use.

This release uses TinkerPop 3.0.0.M6, while previous versions of Titan
used TinkerPop 2.5.0. Adopting TinkerPop 3 entails high-level API
changes for Titan. Source written against Titan 0.5.2 and earlier will
generally require modification to compile against Titan 0.9.0-M1. As
TinkerPop 3 requires a Java 8 runtime, so too does Titan 0.9.0-M1.

The zip archives are based on the TinkerPop 3.0.0.M6 gremlin-console and
gremlin-server zipfiles. A monolithic titan-all TP3 plugin comes
preinstalled and activated in the zipfiles.

http://s3.thinkaurelius.com/downloads/titan/titan-console-0.9.0-M1.zip
http://s3.thinkaurelius.com/downloads/titan/titan-server-0.9.0-M1.zip

Documentation:

Manual: http://s3.thinkaurelius.com/docs/titan/0.9.0-M1/
Javadoc: http://titan.thinkaurelius.com/javadoc/0.9.0-M1/

Here are some preliminary notes on the changes in 0.9.0-M1:

http://s3.thinkaurelius.com/docs/titan/0.9.0-M1/upgrade.html
http://s3.thinkaurelius.com/docs/titan/0.9.0-M1/changelog.html

We're grateful for the issues already reported against titan09 on
GitHub, and we're continuing to work on those. Both the documentation
and the code in this release are under active development. Bug reports
and suggestions, as always, are welcome.

Please enjoy the release and share feedback,
The Titan Team

Marko Rodriguez

Dec 5, 2014, 9:09:46 AM12/5/14
to aureliu...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone,

I would like to add to Dan's release email.

Titan 0.9.0-M1 marks the crest of the final hump to getting us to Titan 1.0. Over the last 2.5 years, Titan has evolved extensively from 0.1-alpha to 0.9.0-M1 today. We believe that Titan 0.9.x will only go through a few rounds of updates before finally releasing Titan 1.0 and the ultimate culmination of the hard work of numerous people from many organizations --- with of course, Matthias and Dan as the primary innovators and workhorses bringing you this technology.

Enjoy,
Marko.

http://markorodriguez.com

dmill

Dec 7, 2014, 11:47:48 AM12/7/14
to aureliu...@googlegroups.com
Awesome guys. I will be setting this up in our app and hopefully give some feedback.

Best,
Dylan.

Arnon Yogev

Dec 10, 2014, 10:12:09 AM12/10/14
to aureliu...@googlegroups.com
Hi Dan, Marko,

Great! Looking forward to start using the new version.

I downloaded the zip files, but could not find the titan-solr jar (just the conf file).
Does this version support Solr? When trying to open a titan graph with Solr I got: "java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Unknown configuration element in namespace [root.index]: solr"

Thanks,
Arnon

Dan LaRocque

Dec 10, 2014, 6:55:35 PM12/10/14
On 12/10/2014 10:12 AM, Arnon Yogev wrote:
> Hi Dan, Marko,
>
> Great! Looking forward to start using the new version.
>
> I downloaded the zip files, but could not find the titan-solr jar
> (just the conf file).
> Does this version support Solr? When trying to open a titan graph with
> Solr I got: "java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Unknown configuration
> element in namespace [root.index]: solr"
>
> Thanks,
> Arnon

Hi Arnon,

Titan 0.9.0-M1 still has a titan-solr module, and it's on Maven Central,
but we excluded it from the Gremlin Console plugin because Solr's Hadoop
2 requirement conflicts with the Hadoop 1 requirement in TP3's
hadoop-gremlin module.

I think hadoop-gremlin is likely to get Hadoop 2 support at some point,
and then we could include titan-solr in the console plugin.

thanks,
Dan

--
Dan LaRocque
http://www.thinkaurelius.com

Jacek Laskowski

Dec 11, 2014, 3:55:49 AM12/11/14
to aureliu...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Thanks for the release - just before Christmas!

Was the documentation updated to the latest version? http://s3.thinkaurelius.com/docs/titan/0.9.0-M1/getting-started.html says about using titan.zip while there are two packages now - titan-console-0.9.0-M1.zip + titan-server-0.9.0-M1.zip. Wiki uses 0.5.2.

I'm working on docs for my own purposes so I could contribute to the docs when guided.

Jacek