Direkt zur ersten ungelesenen Nachricht

Harsh Kumar

ungelesen,
24.09.2013, 03:49:2424.09.13
an aureliu...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Is there a way to use Jung Algorithms (Dijkstras, PageRank...etc) with Faunus.

I know that it is possible to use Jung in gremlin with blueprints.

Something along these lines: https://github.com/tinkerpop/gremlin/wiki/Using-JUNG

Marko Rodriguez

ungelesen,
24.09.2013, 10:56:1724.09.13
an aureliu...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

No, there is no way to do this. The API for Faunus is batch oriented with vertex-by-vertex processing (and then message passing -- breadth first). The JUNG API assumes all the data in-memory and vertices can be traversed depth-first.

Marko.

Harsh Kumar

ungelesen,
24.09.2013, 12:38:4824.09.13
an aureliu...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Just a quick clarification. TitanGraph can be converted to GraphJung. Does that mean that the entire TitanGraph is loaded in memory?

Thanks
Harsh Kumar
--
Stay Great

Harsh Kumar

Marko Rodriguez

ungelesen,
24.09.2013, 12:43:5924.09.13
an aureliu...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Just a quick clarification. TitanGraph can be converted to GraphJung. Does that mean that the entire TitanGraph is loaded in memory?

Sorta ---- realize that if you are doing a PageRank, you are pulling that entire graph into memory (in a transaction) as each edge is traversed. Thus, by the end of the PageRank calculation (via Jung), the entire graph is in the transaction.

HTH,
Marko.

Harsh Kumar

ungelesen,
24.09.2013, 13:11:3224.09.13
an aureliu...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Ok, that does answer my question but leads me to another one.

While calculating shortest path (Dijkstras) the answer would basically be a sub-graph of the main graph.

So does it make sense for me to use Faunus, some kind of graph derivation, to try out Dijkstras?

Your help is highly appreciated :)

Harsh Kumar

ungelesen,
25.09.2013, 01:51:2125.09.13
an aureliu...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Let me be a little more clear about what I want to achieve.

I am looking for some BSP examples in Faunus so that I can run a Single Source Shortest Path (Dijkstras) algorithm. Something very similar to this for Hama.

It appears that it should be possible to do this with Faunus. Can you please guide me through how to go forward with this?

Thanks
Harsh Kumar

Marko Rodriguez

ungelesen,
25.09.2013, 11:09:4425.09.13
an aureliu...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

As it currently stands (until Faunus implements Furnace's vertex computing model), I would say that your best bet for this is to use JUNG over Titan, not Faunus.

Good luck,
Marko.
Allen antworten
Antwort an Autor