About Aura SQL Connection Factory with PDO options

Sixin Li

Nov 13, 2013, 1:57:45 PM11/13/13
to aur...@googlegroups.com
Hey,

I was working on a project using the Aura PHP. I realize that I need to set the utf8. According to the manual, this should work

$connection = $connection_factory->newInstance(

        // adapter name
        'mysql',

        // DSN elements for PDO; this can also be
        // an array of key-value pairs
        'host=hostname;dbname=dbname',

        // username for the connection
        'username'
        // password for the connection
        'password',

      array(PDO::MYSQL_ATTR_INIT_COMMAND => 'SET NAMES utf8')
);

However, it's not setting the options to the connection. I found a work around for this (just create a PDO statement with the option then do     $connection->setPdo($pdo);  ), just want to give a heads up.

Hari K T

Nov 13, 2013, 11:54:01 PM11/13/13
to aur...@googlegroups.com
I tried in console and via php server.

In console I am getting wrong character, but via server I am getting correct value.

Also could you please provide the data you tried ?

I tried for euro symbol. ( € )

Hari K T

You can ring me : +91 9388 75 8821

Skype  : kthari85
Twitter : harikt

Hari K T

Nov 14, 2013, 12:15:16 AM11/14/13
to aur...@googlegroups.com
ok. I figured it out .

Try charset=utf8 in dsn string

$connection = $connection_factory->newInstance(

        // adapter name
        'mysql',

        // DSN elements for PDO; this can also be
        // an array of key-value pairs

'host=hostname;dbname=dbname;charset=utf8',

        // username for the connection
        'username'
        // password for the connection
        'password',

      array(PDO::MYSQL_ATTR_INIT_COMMAND => 'SET NAMES utf8')
);

Hope that help!