Release 1.0.0-beta2

Paul M Jones

Feb 14, 2012, 4:19:08 PM2/14/12
to aur...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone,

As Hari noted, we now have 1.0.0-beta2 releases for all packages, and (for the first time) a downloadable tarball for the system as a whole.

<https://github.com/auraphp/system>

There are still a couple of "meta" problems with the release process for packages, most notably that when we tag the release, it results in a download of the *master* branch, not of the version branch. I'll remedy that with the beta3 release. There is nothing that impairs package functionality though.

Also, I have yet to update the gh-pages branch of the system; that will come shortly.

Download it, try it out, let us know if you have any troubles.

Thanks everyone!

--

Paul M. Jones
http://paul-m-jones.com/

pmjones

Feb 14, 2012, 5:32:42 PM2/14/12
to The Aura Project for PHP
On Feb 14, 3:19 pm, Paul M Jones <pmjone...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Also, I have yet to update the gh-pages branch of the system; that will come shortly.

Done; see <http://auraphp.github.com/system>.

-- pmj

Hari K T

Feb 14, 2012, 10:37:09 PM2/14/12
to aur...@googlegroups.com
Hey Paul ,

One thing I have seen is , you were asking to move to

$ cd /path/to/system/config

and edit the config.php .

But we can do it in the same Vendor.Package , which makes life easier , when moving packages  or is there anything you want to configure it there in system/config ?

See I have tried previously an example

https://github.com/harikt/Hari.Blog/blob/master/config/default.php

Hari K T
M: +91-9388758821 | W: http://harikt.com/blog

Jeff Surgeson

Feb 15, 2012, 1:17:25 AM2/15/12
to aur...@googlegroups.com, pmjones
Paul, just downloaded the latest "whole" beta2 tarball, must say i
prefer it that way!

I am sure you know this but just in case you don't, the tarball includes
your whole
directory structure, Users/pmjones/Sites/code etc/etc

About to play a bit :)

Jeff

Paul M Jones

Feb 15, 2012, 1:23:03 AM2/15/12
to je...@3hex.co.za, aur...@googlegroups.com

Ah crap. Thanks man, I'll delete that and re-upload.

Paul M Jones

Feb 15, 2012, 1:27:12 AM2/15/12
to je...@3hex.co.za, aur...@googlegroups.com

On Feb 15, 2012, at 00:17 , Jeff Surgeson wrote:

Just uploaded the "not as deep directory structure" version. Let me know how that works for you. Thanks again!

Hari K T

Feb 15, 2012, 1:48:27 AM2/15/12
to aur...@googlegroups.com
lol , I just downloaded to see what it contains :-) . Missed :D .

Jeff Surgeson

Feb 15, 2012, 1:58:04 AM2/15/12
to aur...@googlegroups.com, Paul M Jones
Looks good :) urgh.. just one other thing, is the zipball and tarball
supposed to download the same thing?
if so they only download a system skeleton not complete system.

Now.. back to playing

Paul M Jones

Feb 15, 2012, 2:11:00 AM2/15/12
to je...@3hex.co.za, aur...@googlegroups.com

Got to go to the downloads page:

<https://github.com/auraphp/system/downloads>

How does that one look?

Hari K T

Feb 15, 2012, 2:15:56 AM2/15/12
to aur...@googlegroups.com
@Paul , @Jeff ,

the thing is if they have not clicked on the link below

Download Packages

They will get both tar and zip as in complete one .

Only the files below Download Packages as you have uploaded will work .

Paul M Jones

Feb 15, 2012, 2:25:32 AM2/15/12
to aur...@googlegroups.com

On Feb 15, 2012, at 01:15 , Hari K T wrote:

> @Paul , @Jeff ,
>
> the thing is if they have not clicked on the link below
> Download Packages
>
> They will get both tar and zip as in complete one .
>
> Only the files below Download Packages as you have uploaded will work .

Hm, yes. Here's the direct link:

<https://github.com/downloads/auraphp/system/auraphp-system-1.0.0-beta2.tgz>

Hari K T

Feb 15, 2012, 2:31:33 AM2/15/12
to aur...@googlegroups.com
@Paul did you forget to tag for system ?

Its not tagged for Beta2 ;) .

Jeff Surgeson

Feb 15, 2012, 2:31:38 AM2/15/12
to aur...@googlegroups.com
just thought that the 2 default download button links (zip & tar.gz)
above the actual link
that you might have wanted them to also download the same.

Paul M Jones

Feb 15, 2012, 2:35:01 AM2/15/12
to aur...@googlegroups.com

On Feb 15, 2012, at 01:31 , Hari K T wrote:

> @Paul did you forget to tag for system ?
>
> Its not tagged for Beta2 ;) .

Nope, that's correct -- if you tag a branch, the download is for the master, not the branch. Going to figure out something else.

Hari K T

Feb 15, 2012, 2:35:11 AM2/15/12
to aur...@googlegroups.com
@Paul ,

May be a good idea to point directly from the gh-pages to the Download system as a whole ?

Currently it points to downloads page  https://github.com/auraphp/system/downloads .

What do you feel ?

Paul M Jones

Feb 15, 2012, 2:36:10 AM2/15/12
to aur...@googlegroups.com

Yeah, the interface on the downloads page is not great. The big buttons for .zip and .tar.gz are for downloading the repository proper, not the file(s) listed underneath.

Jeff Surgeson

Feb 15, 2012, 2:36:46 AM2/15/12
to aur...@googlegroups.com, Paul M Jones
Paul, going forward:

Playing with your example.package, using a single Aura framework for
multiple
websites, do you see Example.Package as also being a website or just a
package?

Jeff

Hari K T

Feb 15, 2012, 3:03:07 AM2/15/12
to aur...@googlegroups.com
@Jeff if I recall you correctly your question was how to utilize the system and packages without downloading again right ?

If so , then I can suggest is

First download the aura-system as a whole .

Then for new projects you just need the system without packages .

Then symbolic link to the packages directory :-)

This will work ;-) .

Or was it different ?

Jeff Surgeson

Feb 15, 2012, 3:18:19 AM2/15/12
to aur...@googlegroups.com
@Hari

Was not my question exactly, however I think it answers it, at least if I am reading your response correctly?

You are saying:

1. Download a complete system+packages to web root
2. Then for each new project (website), download a skeleton system
3. Then symlink new project skeleton system to packages directory of (1)

If this is correct then it sounds like what I need, however how would I symlink my project
to packages directory?

Hari K T

Feb 15, 2012, 5:03:30 AM2/15/12
to aur...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jeff ,

Please find answers below .
On Wed, Feb 15, 2012 at 1:48 PM, Jeff Surgeson <je...@3hex.co.za> wrote:
@Hari

Was not my question exactly, however I think it answers it, at least if I am reading your response correctly?

You are saying:

1. Download a complete system+packages to web root

Yes

2. Then for each new project (website), download a skeleton system

Yes

3. Then symlink new project skeleton system to packages directory of (1)

Yes

If this is correct then it sounds like what I need, however how would I symlink my project
to packages directory?

Which OS are you using ?  GNU / Linux ?

If so from terminal

from ur new skelton system remove package

rm -Rf package

ln -s directory-path-to-full-package package

ls -l

will show the full path . Hope this helps .

Thanks

Jeff Surgeson

Feb 15, 2012, 5:08:54 AM2/15/12
to aur...@googlegroups.com
Hari thanks, yes linux, will play with that

What i was trying to do but could not make work was have my Example.Package in
my project package/ and then symlink to all the aura packages in the main package/

Hari K T

Feb 15, 2012, 5:13:31 AM2/15/12
to aur...@googlegroups.com
Sorry I didn't get you :( .

Or if you have more package in it you may want to symbolic link individual Aura.Package ;-) .

ie package directory reside and do ln -s for Aura.Package .

Thanks

Jeff Surgeson

Feb 15, 2012, 5:15:24 AM2/15/12
to aur...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, going to have to symlink each aura package :(