Re: How to get host driver “timwei_USBAudio_Driver” of TI C5535 USB audio class 2.0 demo

Alex Lee

Apr 21, 2015, 5:16:36 AM4/21/15
to 无你无我, Audio-Widget

If u are refering to my experimental firmware, it only works under Linux host.

I have not tested it under Windows.

If you are refering to firmware by TI, you need to contact TI for drivers.

Alex

On 21 Apr 2015 16:58, "无你无我" <4997...@qq.com> wrote:

Hi, alex

As the title , how can i get the host driver of XP for Usb audio Class 2.0?

Thanks!

Everest Ying

Børge Strand-Bergesen

Apr 21, 2015, 5:29:32 AM4/21/15
to audio-...@googlegroups.com, 无你无我
We have the Windows ASIO driver for the Audio Widget project, which
I'm quite sure can be made to work with other UAC2 firmware builds.

However, it is not well tested on XP. Personally, I have never used it
for anything below Win7. I'm currently using it on Win10 previews with
no issue at all.

An important thing to remember when setting up the UAC2 asynchronous
feedback endpoint is that Windows will not tolerate feedback rates
slower than 1ms. (On UAC1 it will.) Linux shows a perfect correlation
between feedback rate set in the USB descriptor and what will actually
happen. OS X has a rough correlation, and Windows simply refuses. It
has to do with low-level Windows USB stuff, not with libusbK or the
ASIO driver built on top of that.

Børge

Ti Kan

Apr 21, 2015, 7:16:39 AM4/21/15
to audio-...@googlegroups.com, 无你无我
A user reports that the Windows ASIO driver installs fine on Vista,
but does not work. I don't have a Vista machine on which to verify.

So Windows 7 looks to be the minimum version, unless you want to
do some hacking on Windows XP. Some hints are at Nikolay's website:
https://sites.google.com/site/nikkov/home/microcontrollers/audio-widget/

-Ti
--
Sent from Main Mission