Art Night

Christa

Mar 12, 2015, 1:57:36 AM3/12/15
to atxhs-...@googlegroups.com
Art Night at Hackerspace.

What:
I would like to propose and official Art Night at HackerSpace.

When:
One night a week, I suggest Thusday night as there is no official thing happening that night.

Why: Because the Right side of your brain needs love too!
The premise is that members and guests could bring their "flat art" projects or start a new one. Painting, Sketching, Origami, Sclupey and other types of art welcome.
(No wet sculpting, sorry Ghost fans)

Who:
Experts to Beginners even the painting and drawing impaired would be welcome.
This would be a social event primarily but if someone wanted advice, instruction or just opinions this could be a good way to find it.

Where:
Due to the nature of this event the classroom or Lounge would be best to host it.

How:
With Support from Fellow Hack Bats.
Some details:
I would also like to hang up art rails in the lounge to display wet paintings as these can be a problem to take home for most people. They could return and pick them up at the next art night. Or continue working on an ongoing project for all to see the progress. This would not only help with logistics of wet paintings and transportation but give paintings a safe dust free place to dry, spruce up the lounge, promote more people to art night, and show off to potential new members on Tuesdays that we are not just mechanics and engineers but artist too.

I have some plans to deal with any concerns regarding mess or damage to tables and floors.Most of these issues could be solved with plastic place mats from walmart that cost a dollar and having a brush cleaning policy that involves going to the big shop or outside. I will await opinions and suggestions.
If we could have this at the next meeting i would appreciate it.
Thanks a bunch,
 Christa

Please delete this post when replying the loong threads are really hard to read.

hammersol...@gmail.com

Mar 24, 2015, 11:56:35 AM3/24/15
to atxhs-...@googlegroups.com
I would love to see this happen.  I don't imagine sharing a night with the Robotics groups would be too much of a strain on either group.

Quinten Rhea Art

Mar 27, 2015, 11:55:56 PM3/27/15
to atxhs-...@googlegroups.com

Deal me in....