AtlantaPHP January 2016 meeting

Chris Spruck

Jan 25, 2016, 8:07:24 PM1/25/16
to Atlanta PHP, Atlanta PHP Announcements

Announcing a new Meetup for AtlantaPHP User Group!

What: AtlantaPHP February 2016 Meeting
When: Thursday, February 4th, 2016 -- 7pm-9pm

Where: 200 Galleria, 200 Galleria Pkwy SE, Atlanta, G

Please RSVP by 5pm, Thursday, February 4th at
http://www.meetup.com/atlantaphp/events/228361452/

PRESENTATION: The PHP and Open Source Job Market in 2016

NOTE: NEW LOCATION - Cobb Galleria. See directions and map link at the Meetup link.

Presentation by Ari Waller, Vice President of Recruiting, Thompson Technologies (@ariwaller and @ThompsonTechIT)

The presentation will be an overview of the current PHP developers job market as we begin 2016 (as well as other Open Source related trends). We will examine the current supply and demands in the market place, as well as conduct a career-oriented Q&A (resumes, interviews, and overall job hunting tips and strategies). Ari will cover a year by year comparison from his previous talk and discuss changes on what we can expect in the upcoming year. We will also discuss how to work with recruiters as effectively as possible, and give you the opportunity to ask any questions you have regarding the inner workings of an IT Staffing company.

About Ari: Ari started his career at Thompson Technologies as a Technical Recruiter, and has personally placed over hundreds of information technology professionals in both the national and local Atlanta IT market.  In 2012, Ari was named Vice President of Recruiting & Sourcing for Thompson Technologies, and is currently responsible for providing management, recruiting leadership and sourcing strategy for Thompson Technologies’ national and Atlanta clients. Despite the fancy title, Ari is passionate about the daily grind of technical recruiting, and takes a "hands on approach" in day-to-day staffing operations with his team.  He and his wife Donna have 6 children (including two 18 month old twins), that keep them active and busy.

Food provided by Pardot Engineering (@pardoteng)